Author Topic: Engine removal  (Read 333 times)

Offline Ratchet Richard

• A's Good Friend
Engine removal
« on: 25.10. 2020 11:55 »
Hi All
Some of you will recall that I acquired a nice looking A7 a couple of months ago.  In tracking down an oil leak from the timing side case I discovered that I had 0.016 end float, max should be 0.005.  I have decided to gat this sorted during these coming months. 
I am in the process of stripping the engine down in frame (heard barreL off) and anything else that will reduce weight.  My question is- my dynamo has the metal covers on it, do I have to take these off before removing the engine?  I am planning to take the dynamo out first.  Probably a silly question, but I was getting cold in the garage so thought I would ask you guys.
Thanks

Offline Ratchet Richard

• A's Good Friend
Re: Engine removal
« Reply #1 on: 25.10. 2020 17:31 »
Hi again answering my own post.  Just looked at the panels more closely and they will have to come off bl**dy obvious really.  I think I am just lacking a bit of fellow BSA owners to talk too.  As mentioned in an earlier post I am new to the wonders of BSAs and having read a lot of post on this forum am quite nervous about tackling the job. 

Offline terryg

• Resident Legend
    • thecarshipenterprise
Re: Engine removal
« Reply #2 on: 25.10. 2020 17:35 »
Sounds like you’ve twigged that those dynamo metal covers are the front engine plates.

Much easier to see it when you’ve warmed up over a cuppa.
Terry
'57 'SR', '59 SR, '63 RGS