Author Topic: suggested price  (Read 977 times)

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: suggested price
« Reply #15 on: 27.11. 2020 18:44 »
Many thanks for your input so far guys, I'm taking it all in and although the chap did not turn up today I'm in no hurry so to speak, SWMBO is talking Christmas lights - it's November still, however, the hunt begins for just where I put them all last year
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline ellis

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #16 on: 27.11. 2020 19:16 »
Hi John

You won't have to wait too long. BSA are bringing out an electric next year with none of the problems associated with the internal combustion engine.

ELLIS

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
« Reply #17 on: 27.11. 2020 19:47 »
This is probably not the right section to be continuing this conversation but RDfella I'm curious how you go about starting your B33, I can only think you are doing something wrong.

I currently have two B33's and have owned many plus B31's , A7's and A10's.

You say you have to kick over 350cc compared to 250cc of a A7 but the thing is with a B31 or B33 you dont have to kick over any cc's. You ease the piston over compression using the valve lifter (decompressor) and then just push the kick start down. If your bike has a half decent magneto it will start easily.

I taught my youngest son to start my M20 when he was 5 and after he got the "knack" he didnt have any trouble. By the time he was about 10 he could ride it.

ironhead

« Reply #18 on: 27.11. 2020 22:30 »
I totaly agree Brian, its all in the procedure, been riding a B33 for years. You dont "kick" them over, You "swing" them over.
It's way easier than my A65.

Offline RDfella

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: 28.11. 2020 16:13 »
You're probably right, Brian. Never succeeded starting an engine with the 'after compression' kick. Either it doesn't go over compression, or it does so slowly there isn't enough spark to strike a light. Thus all my (non-electric start) bikes are taken up to compression and then kicked. Having said that, I find my A10 probably the easiest to start of any bike I've ever owned, including tiddlers like a C10.
'49 B31, '49 M21, '53 DOT, '58 Flash, '62 Flash special, '00 Firestorm, Weslake sprint bike.

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #20 on: 28.11. 2020 17:50 »
Well, the fella (who I know) came around this morning with my ex workmate, he had a good look at the bike and said there was not really enough to do, he's looking for a more expansive project and really all that needs to be done to mine is cosmetic.
So we had a good chinwag about bikes as you do, so I'm thinking now of doing the cosmetic stuff and then deciding whether to sell or not.
Thank you all for your input, it was genuinely useful especially the options for other rides
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco