Author Topic: Timing cover mod  (Read 673 times)

Offline Minto

• Resident Legend
Timing cover mod
« on: 13.10. 2020 01:25 »
Yesterday I took a ride over to the food stop cafe near Bridgnorth and had a natter with a bloke with a cosmetically challenged but quite cleverly modified  A10. Apart from running a car alternator which was strapped to the front frame down tubes, it also had a timing cover which had been cut into three sections "to save having to remove all twelve screws and the whole gasket every time you want to get to the A/R unit or the dynamo or oil pump". As it had been sectioned all of the three could be accessed separately. I suppose the only bit you'd need to worry about being oil tight would be the bottom section. Bloody good idea I thought. Wish I'd got a picture, I'm thinking of getting a spare cover off eBay to chop up, just for when things need setting up after it's next rebuild.
Nice bloke too.
52 A10 plunger
Aprilia RSVR

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
Re: Timing cover mod
« Reply #1 on: 04.11. 2020 22:23 »
The legendary Chris Vincent whose A7ss won the 1962 sidecar TT took it a slightly different path removing the front section of both outer covers.
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Offline metalflake11

• Resident Legend
Re: Timing cover mod
« Reply #2 on: 09.12. 2020 07:06 »
How busy does somebodies life have to be to not have time to undo 12 screws? *eek*

Butchery!
England N.W
1960 A10
England