Author Topic: Great old photo  (Read 296 times)

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Great old photo
« on: 17.05. 2021 19:08 »
 From FaceAche:

Heres my grandfather serving petrol @1shilling and tuppence halfpenny, somewhere I have an earlier one at ten pence hapenny, my father H J Misson hand made bicycles with the name of Silver Fox (not the later same named imported rubbish) these were hand brazed renolds 531 quality, The motor trade of today suffers from a poor reputation probably from the 60s to 80s wide boys, my father was so honest the when he handed over his pumps to the army in WW11, that on his return at the cessation he found his petrol tanks full, what did dad do, he told the War Dept and had to pay for it, I'm quite sure that this didn't happen very often!!, we could have been millionaires by now!!, very gradually the business expanded and we were the most respected Volvo Dealers in the UK until Volvo in the wisdom decided personal service and individuality no longer counted for anything,GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline Black Sheep

• Wise & Enlightened
    • Where black sheep live
Re: Great old photo
« Reply #1 on: 17.05. 2021 22:31 »
Gandad on my Dad's 680cc Zenith. He only rode it once and didn't like it. Being an engine driver, he preferred not having to bother with all this steering business.
2 twins, 2 singles, lots of sheep

Offline chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Great old photo
« Reply #2 on: 17.05. 2021 23:06 »
Hi GB, and Black Sheep
Great photos

Trying to identify the bikes in GB's photo, The flat tank AJS (side valve) is easy
I think the sidecar outfit is Royal Enfield judging from the front fork tension springs
The next bike along has a stirrup front brake but other than that ??

John
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)