Author Topic: Footrest jumble  (Read 303 times)

Online CheeserBeezer

• Valued Contributor
    • Priory Magnetos Ltd
Footrest jumble
« on: 13.02. 2022 10:33 »
Not sure if this has been done before so apologies in advance if it has.
A mate has asked me for a set of footrests for a 57 Road Rocket. He's got a few footrest lying around and isn't sure what he's got or what he needs so I've had a rummage through the footrest box. My understanding is as follows...
The footrest and stub on the right hand side is the same for all years. Footrest is 42-4804 and the stub is 75mm long (total length). On the left hand side the footrest changed for the 58 models. The 54-57 footrest is a lighter casting than the later one and seems to carry the part number 42-4805 (as Gold Star) though the parts book says 42-4840. The stub is 122mm (total length). The later footrest is heavier and carries the part number 42-4854 and the stub is 106 mm (total length). The stubs don't carry part numbers and I'm assuming that, on the left hand side, the longer stub fits the smaller footrest (early type) and vice versa which ensures that the resultant footrest positions of all years is the same. The early footrest bar is about 345 mm and has a sleeve nut on the left hand side as the stub doesn't reach to the end of the footrest's splines. The later footrest bar is about 290 mm. Does all that make sense? Oh, and there's a rogue footrest from M20 / B31 with part number 65-4890 which will fit on the left hand side (it it's the splined type - some are just tapered) if you're stuck!

Offline Peter in Aus

• Valued Contributor
  • South West, West Australia
Re: Footrest jumble
« Reply #1 on: 13.02. 2022 23:33 »
Thanks C B could have done with that info a few months back, had to find footrests and stubs and that info would have been very useful.
Peter

Busselton West Australia
49 A7 longstroke
58 A10  SA