Author Topic: the simplest jobs........................ (stop misfiring)  (Read 551 times)

Offline Snowy

• Moving Up
in my quest of getting the A10 to stop misfiring replaced the voltage regulator for a DVR2, improvement, (charging better but still popping on tick over  :-\) but still annoyed me!
So lockdown on-going, off shift, thought take carb apart and clean it!
All in bits, can of carb cleaner to remove gunk and staining, checked needle height, was on 2 from top, moved to 3 as per Dr. Haynes advised,  *respect* all back together after curing leaks on float bowl retaining screws, air screw  1.5 turn out, what a difference! It ticks over and no misfiring on low revs!
Just need a good excuse to get out on it and see what it's like across the revs!
Happy chap!  ;D

Title edited, see line 5 here > https://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?topic=4723

Online Triton Thrasher

• Scotland
  • Wise & Enlightened
Good result!

Offline Swarfcut

• Wise & Enlightened
Snowy, What ignition system are you using? Presumably a system that is sensitive to battery voltage.

Swarfy.

Offline Snowy

• Moving Up
Boyer Branson, from previous post it was suggested that this could be the issue as the BB units are very voltage sensitive, cant wait for a day when I'm off shift after M/C lockdown lifted tomorrow!

Offline bikerboy

• Valued Contributor
I never knew there was an M/C lockdown in operation  *sad2*