Author Topic: Aussie Day weekend  (Read 304 times)

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Aussie Day weekend
« on: 31.01. 2023 02:22 »
G'day Fellas.
We had a 4 day weekend down here and with me limiting my riding for months now and operation in two weeks, I thought bugger it I'm riding.
Grey Gum Cafe had a band for Thursday so I packed for o/night. A nice easy ride up (150Km) not one cop! About 150 bikes attended and went home. I pitched the tent, drank 12 beers and poured myself into the sleeping bag. Got up early and road home.
The Veterans MC had a run back up on Saturday so rode down to Penrith to join them. About 200 or more bikes made the trek back up the Putty with cops watching every move. Had a great day yarning with a lot of blokes I hadn't seen in years. By late afternoon most had gone home just leaving the Veterans (20) and a dozen others. This time I had 18 beers and a flask of rum. I don't remember much so it must have been a good night. I awoke on Sunday with my tent colapsed on top of me! Both the tent poles were broken so I figure I had fun getting in. The worst part is packing up with a bad hangover and waiting a few hours till I was OK to ride. A very slow trip home. About 600Km and loved every inch of it.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline RDfella

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Aussie Day weekend
« Reply #1 on: 31.01. 2023 10:43 »
You need a van, not a bike  *smile*
'49 B31, '49 M21, '53 DOT, '58 Flash, '62 Flash special, '00 Firestorm, Weslake sprint bike.

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #2 on: 31.01. 2023 12:18 »
G'day RD.  *lol*
The bag on the back was full of beer  *beer* The rest was just a swag, sleeping bag and tent. A change of cloths and wets in the saddle bags.
I used to just carry a 9'x9' tarp tied to the bike and ground, sleeping in the riding gear and the helmet makes a great pillow *ex* The body is getting too old and broken for that now.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 31.01. 2023 12:23 »
The body is getting too old and broken for that now.
I find it difficult to get comfortable in a tent on my biking weekends these days. I've been springing for comfortable accommodation lately.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Online Kickaha

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 31.01. 2023 17:57 »
The body is getting too old and broken for that now.
I find it difficult to get comfortable in a tent on my biking weekends these days. I've been springing for comfortable accommodation lately.

Do you have a decent sleeping mat ?  I have an Exped something or rather which inflates to 75mm think and packs down reasonably small
1956 BSA Gold Flash
New Zealand

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 31.01. 2023 18:01 »
Do you have a decent sleeping mat ?  I have an Exped something or rather which inflates to 75mm think and packs down reasonably small
I have something like that but haven't tried it yet.

I'm already fired up thinking about doing club weekends on my new BSA 😁
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash