Bikes, Pictures, Stories & more > Other BSAs, Other Bikes, Cars, Machinery & Tools

Cheap fun

(1/1)

Catz:
Been working on this all winter and just been and got it MOT'd, taxed and insured. I had one years ago and had forgotten how good they are. I bought two last October for £750 and tried to keep the costs down as much as possible to make one good one out of the two. Tyres were £300, refurbed Hagon shock was £200 and the frame was £240 for the powder coating. Few other bits and i'm probably into it for just less than £1700. XJR1200 engine with FJ gearbox and parts to line up with the rear wheel.

Kickaha:

--- Quote from: Catz on 07.02. 2024 16:48 --- XJR1200 engine with FJ gearbox and parts to line up with the rear wheel.

--- End quote ---

Why the FJ gearbox ? are they different than the XJR ?

Catz:

--- Quote from: Kickaha on 07.02. 2024 18:06 ---
--- Quote from: Catz on 07.02. 2024 16:48 --- XJR1200 engine with FJ gearbox and parts to line up with the rear wheel.

--- End quote ---

Why the FJ gearbox ? are they different than the XJR ?

--- End quote ---

The main output shaft, gear selector shaft and clutch push rod are longer on the XJR to account for the wider rear wheel so they need to be changed for the FJ parts so that everything lines up at the back. I've got an FJ engine in my XJR, don't ask, and had to do the reverse for that.

Joolstacho:
They're a weapon in a straight line those things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version