Author Topic: Wanted, Super Rocket manuals, PDF or similar ?  (Read 4072 times)

Offline orabanda

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Wanted, Super Rocket manuals, PDF or similar ?
« Reply #15 on: 18.11. 2009 21:57 »
Steve,
That's my workshop at home.
When we built the house, I had the shed erected at the same time. As I wheeled the 10th bike in, my wife said with some sense of relief and satisfaction "Well no more bikes for you; the shed's full".

So I remembered that (and mused).

A few years later when we purchased a 4,500 square metre block and built new work premises (including an 80 metre x 20 metre workshop), I asked the builders to throw in a 9m x 7m shed for "Special Projects", in the corner of the block.

I am the only keyholder.

It's filling up; these are old pics!

As for the "Plastic" bikes; variety is the spice of life. Anyway, most of the older japanese bikes have mainly metal in them!.

Richard

Offline NickSR

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #16 on: 18.11. 2009 22:44 »
Hi
Not what realey want I have RGS Intruction Manual PDF if thats any help?
Regards
Nick
1962 Super Rocket
1962 Super Rocket
1955 BSA C11G
1998 BMW R850R

Offline Josh Cox

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #17 on: 18.11. 2009 23:11 »
Nick,

That would be helpful, could you email it to me ?, thanks.
Black 1953 Golden Flash Plunger

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
« Reply #18 on: 18.11. 2009 23:59 »
Richard, I have been looking at the photos of your home shed and one thing has got me puzzled. You say that when you wheeled the tenth bike in your wife said that the shed was full. Now either your wife or I can not count, I get a lot more than ten !

I envy you your shed space, I have a 9x6m shed that currently has thirteen bikes in it plus lathe, mill, two bike lifts etc etc.

I also agree about different bikes, I have three non BSA's and they have their own attributes. (1973 TS 185 Suzuki, 1971 SL70 Honda and my 94' 1000s Moto Guzzi)

I like the idea of having a shed in a remote location that not many know about, that ones got me thinking........................

Offline 69Bonni

• A's Good Friend
  • '67 A65T, '58 Roadrocket, '69 Bonnie, '60 350 AJS
« Reply #19 on: 19.11. 2009 09:56 »
Nice one Richard!

Was only joking about the japanese stuff, only because i have never had a modern bike!

I do have a "Bunker" but unfortunatly it has been religated to a store for building materials while i finish the garden. That was the deal with SWIMBO, you can have a workshop if i can have a garden.  Done deal! i just didnt foresee the slight time issue! Well the gardens all but finished now, so soon i'll be reclaiming my workshop. I know mine is a tad under 30sq meters, to conform to some building regulation.

Anyhow enough of that....

Josh, I have a late A10 parts book that might help you and i will find what ever else i have on Super Rockets and send you. Watch this space ....
I'll probably be able to send them off tonight when i get home

Regards

Steve
Kind Regards
Steve Rickman

Offline 69Bonni

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #20 on: 20.11. 2009 14:40 »
Josh

You should have Mail!

I sent out a Parts book by Email last night

Regards

Steve
Kind Regards
Steve Rickman

Offline Mosin

• Valued Contributor
  • Cumbria
« Reply #21 on: 24.11. 2009 12:19 »
I hate to risk userping this thread, but I was wondering if anyone has an electronic version of the parts book for my 1960 A7 Shooting Star that they could possibly email me?

Many thanks in anticipation

Simon
1960 A7 Shooting Star
1959 D3 Bantam
1994 Triumph Trident 900

North West England

Offline 69Bonni

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #22 on: 24.11. 2009 16:16 »
Hi There

Yes quite probably can you pop me an Email

I'll check tonight, it'll be the same one i sent Josh it covers A7 A10 and its the later models

Cheers

Steve
Kind Regards
Steve Rickman

Offline Mosin

• Valued Contributor
  • Cumbria
« Reply #23 on: 24.11. 2009 17:07 »
Cheers Steve, I've sent you a PM with my email address.

Simon

1960 A7 Shooting Star
1959 D3 Bantam
1994 Triumph Trident 900

North West England

Offline 69Bonni

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #24 on: 24.11. 2009 19:25 »
Hi Nick, Simon

I had some problems with your Email addresses they bounced !

I think i have found them on this site now and you should both have mail

Cheers

Steve
Kind Regards
Steve Rickman

Offline NickSR

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #25 on: 25.11. 2009 18:50 »
Hi Steve
Sorry gave you wrong Email address, recived information thanks, how would you like the RGS PDF 16.4 MB

Regards
Nick
1962 Super Rocket
1955 BSA C11G
1998 BMW R850R

Offline Mosin

• Valued Contributor
  • Cumbria
« Reply #26 on: 26.11. 2009 09:34 »
Just out of interest, I was wondering how forum members stand on the issue of the various BSA parts companies who repoduce BSA literature either in electronic or paper form and then sell it on at a profit? I can see that there may be some costs incurred in reproducing these documents, but nothing like what some companies charge. To my mind it seems like an absolutely blatent breach of copywrite laws? Presumably the legal owner of the copywrite to BSA literature must still exist somewhere, and if that person ever realise that they are loosing out on a significant income in this way it could result in significant legal proceedings.

That said, I'm dead chuffed with my parts book and shared freely too!

Thanks Steve!
1960 A7 Shooting Star
1959 D3 Bantam
1994 Triumph Trident 900

North West England

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #27 on: 26.11. 2009 11:32 »
Yes Steve I agree but the way the net is these days copywrite of literature, music or movies  is looking like a waste of time. Look how many files are on offer here.
Gotta go, my download just finished !
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline BSA_54A10

• Wise & Enlightened
    • BSA National
« Reply #28 on: 26.11. 2009 11:45 »
BSA Regal are the current copy right owners where it still exists.
They also own both the winged BSA logo and the piled arms trade mark although there are a few companies who still lave a legal right to use them.

As for reproductions of literature I am all for it.
If you have ever tried to scan , correct and clean up say a parts book then you will know just how much work goes into such a venture so selling them at a small profit is reasonable and a much better outcome than the material being lost forever when the hoarders grand kids clear out all that old rubbish in pop's place by dumping them into a bin.

However morons who buy a copy of some one elses work and pirate them that is a different matter as is those who sell bad scans, & poor or incomplete photocopies.

There is some thing like 3000 BSA parts books and I am yet to find any person or club with a complete set.
Then there are the dealers & distributors information bulletins. These were never meant for general circulation but without them we would be stuck with no refference material other than the Haynes ( other years are similar) manuals.
Bike Beesa
Trevor

Offline 69Bonni

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #29 on: 26.11. 2009 19:53 »
Hi All,
I'm glad you got the manuals OK Simon and Nick, and Nick thank you very much for the RGS operating manual

I'm not sure how long the copy write on these old manuals last, possibly 50 - 75 years but im not sure if Regal took over the copy write, if they had they would be suing people all around the world including the BSAOC.

I did contemplate selling my BSA Information collection, i have spent many, many hours collecting cleaning up and scanning and as Trevor says its a hell of a time consuming job, not to mention buying the extremely expensive Acrobat Professional!  I have built it into a Web(site) that runs off a DVD that allows easy and fast access things easy to find, rather than trolling through endless PDF's. I, amongst other things am a technical author at work and i use this Web on a disc method to catalog access technical information for our engineers to use on site.
I doubt id bother to sell it, but it makes you think about doing so to get a few pennies back for the hundreds of hours put in and I'm sure that's why others do so.

IF! i were to sell the disc for example on Ebay, the simple get out clause is .... "I'm selling my technology, the web skills, the hours of labour .... Not the content, that is free of charge"

That said, anyone that wants anything that i have they are more than welcome to a copy free of charge! in fact i am going to rebuild our local BSAOC web site and i will probably put up the whole collection for free use.... Maybe.

Enough of all that rubbish! i have just won the Swinging arm for my RGS replica that i have been hunting down forever HOORAH!!!

Cheers All

Steve
Kind Regards
Steve Rickman