Author Topic: Observers wanted,is this correct,it looks too high to me,  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Stephen Arsenal

• A's Good Friend
Should there not be two holes on the apex of the mudguard ?(one for the mudguard support to the frame and one for the seat bracket,? or does that cross independantly?) The mudguard only had one hole either side drilled into it.There seems to be too much space between the mudguard and the round roller distancer,? the mudguard itself looks like its flying off into space,or is it just the perception ?? thanks-steve
ho ho ho

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Sorry I forget what year you said the bike was, later ones had two L shaped brackets ( inverted ) that fastened to the side of the mudguard to fasten the seat to.

All the best  - Bill
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline Stephen Arsenal

• A's Good Friend
Thanks bill,does the mudguard look to high up at the back ??
ho ho ho

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
If the arrowhead stays are fixed onto the suspension bolts and the oiltank/toolbox rear stud and they then line up with the hole in the rear of the mudguard then they should be correct, also I note the saddle bracket (not seat) is fitted to the frame cross tube so allowing that all the holes in the mudguard are as original then it has got to be correct.
the fact that the swinging arm is hanging down probably makes everything else look awry, it's looking good though.

All the best - Bill
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
HI Stephen,
First question is ,Do you have a parts book??
This will show how all the bits go toogether
As far as I am aware there should be a slightly curved (that follows the mudguard) spacer strip between the mudguard and the fixing clip that fits around the frame memberat the bottom front of the mudguard, this is why the clip is stretched looking and not sitting flush on the guard,
You will not see how the mudguard is looking (high or low) until you fit the shocks and rear wheel!
An awful lot of A 7/10's I have seen look as if they are dragging their Ass along because the rear mudguard is wrongly fitted, the 1/8th or so spacer strip at the front makes a big difference at the back
My 2 cent opinion again!!
Regards
John O R
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Offline rocket man

• Valued Contributor
it all looks good to me

Offline Stephen Arsenal

• A's Good Friend
Thanks 25, the strip is made out of rubber with two thin bolts going through it,I´fitted them but not tightened them up.I´ve lent my book to the guy who has/is servicing the engine.I thought I´d made enough pictures on my camera that I could rebuild it with no problems,but this is not the case.Have had to rebore some screw threads,ordered the wrong parts,even simple things take an hour or so.Still searching for a light headlightswitch,thanks again everybody,many regards-steve
ho ho ho

Offline Josh Cox

• Valued Contributor
Stephen,

Go to: http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php/topic,1993.0.html , Go to post nine, Orabanda's post, the top picture might help.
Black 1953 Golden Flash Plunger

Offline olev

• Brisbane, Australia
  • Resident Legend
Whats that hiding in his last picture??
an orabanda guard troll?

Offline Josh Cox

• Valued Contributor
Looks like a shed gimp to me, quite common eeerre in the west.
Black 1953 Golden Flash Plunger