Author Topic: 1952 plunger A 10  (Read 886 times)

Offline anjimehra

• Valued Contributor
    • venture on wheels
1952 plunger A 10
« on: 08.12. 2009 05:47 »
Hi Guys
Need a little help with the gearbox:
Cant locate the Clutch thrust washer abutment ring, Part No. 67 3251, amongst the gear box parts & can only asume that it was never there OR has been misplaced. I believe it is in 2 parts.
Can anybody please send me the dimensions & details of installation so that I can make one here in Pune

The newly made bend pipes & silencers have gone for plating & hope to start the bike once they are back & the clutch installed.
Will post a few more photos of the "Job in Progress "

Thanks

Anji

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: 1952 plunger A 10
« Reply #1 on: 08.12. 2009 07:38 »
Anji,

Sorry I can't help with the dimensions, but I was able to locate three distributors who apparently have inventory of the part:

www.britishonly.com (USA)
www.britishspares.com (New Zealand)
www.vintage-motorcycle.com (Austria, with a pretty good photo of the part)

Maybe you already know the part can be had and you just can't wait, but if this helps, great.

Richard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Offline anjimehra

• Valued Contributor
    • venture on wheels
« Reply #2 on: 08.12. 2009 15:32 »
Hi Richard
Thanks a ton for your quick response. I tried contacting the dealers mentioned in your mail, but getting things into India is painfully slow. As Iam in a hurry to get the bike started, I have taken the measurements from the shaft & ythrust washer & am going to make it tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed !!!!!!. Will keep you posted on the success / failure of the attempt
Take care & ride safe
Anji

Offline anjimehra

• Valued Contributor
    • venture on wheels
« Reply #3 on: 26.12. 2009 13:14 »
Hi Richard
Made the thrust washer & it is now on the bike. Couldnt get any spring shrouds for the rear plunger assembly, so back to the w/shop & we had them fabricated.

Take care
Anji

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 26.12. 2009 23:38 »
Anji,

About 10" of snow today in the Chicago area, so, no riding likely. The bike is apart anyway for the inevitable winter repairs and modifications. I changed from a 21t to 22t engine sprocket to move the sweet spot up to a higher speed. I probabaly would have gone to 23t, but 22 is what I had and I figured I'd give it a try. I had forgotten how may nuts and bolts must be loosened to get the two chains to the correct tension, not to mention aquiring the correct chain links for the just-right length. Next, valves and valve guides.

Anyway,good to hear of your progress. That must be a very nice shop you have there. I think I can speak for everyone in saying we all look forward to new pics. I would especially like to see pics of this bike in one of your remote tour locales.

Happy new year,

Ricahrd L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.