Author Topic: Rocket handlebars  (Read 1171 times)

Offline mike667

• A's Good Friend
Rocket handlebars
« on: 23.12. 2009 22:53 »
Hey Gang
tried asking this question the buy/sale section but never got a response so thought i'd try here - anyone have any idea what kind of handlebars these are on the bike below -i've never seen them but figure that maybe you UK guys are more familiar w/ them -they look great on this bike
 thanks - happy holidays!
mike

Offline MG

• Resident Legend
Re: Rocket handlebars
« Reply #1 on: 24.12. 2009 11:37 »
Hello Mike!
The handlebar looks like a shortened version of the standard home version. A friend of mine uses a similar handlebar on his '60 A10. It is one of the few remaining parts of his '55 Road Rocket he owned back then. He told me, that the Rocket had been delivered with this handlebar originally (as an option) and that later on he had never seen them for sale again. I agree with you, they look great on the bike, very sporty, kind like clip-ons, but they are not that low. Maybe this is some kind of export-only thing again? Perhaps someone has some more information?

Cheers and a Merry Christmas to all of you,
Markus
1955 A7 Shooting Star
1956 A10 Golden Flash
1961 Matchless G12 CSR

www.histo-tech.at - Restoration, Repairs, Racing

Austria

Offline alanp

• Plymouth, Devon
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 24.12. 2009 14:57 »
I could be way off the mark here but they are not too dissimilar to inverted standard bars swung forwards.
Member of the 'Last of the Summer Wine Club - Jennycliff'.

Offline MG

• Resident Legend
« Reply #3 on: 24.12. 2009 15:28 »
The parts list states part number 65-4963. Never seen that part number before. Maybe its US only?

alanp - The Rocket bars I mentioned in my last post are kind like you described, but the angles are different to the std handlebar and as far as I can remember it is narrower, too. Have to take a closer look at it next time.
1955 A7 Shooting Star
1956 A10 Golden Flash
1961 Matchless G12 CSR

www.histo-tech.at - Restoration, Repairs, Racing

Austria

Offline tombeau

• Resident Legend
« Reply #4 on: 25.12. 2009 09:29 »
They look a bit like what are often referred to as Triumph "M type" bars, only upside down.
Are upside down "M type" bars "W type" bars?