Author Topic: Loading photos onto your profile  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Andy J

• Active
Loading photos onto your profile
« on: 13.05. 2010 12:19 »
Hi,

I keep trying without luck to put a photo on my profile, if have reduced the size under the limit, I can click on the brouse button to locate the photo but it does not respond or load.
It seems that I can load photo into this area!!

Any suggestions

Thanks
Andy

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
Re: Loading photos onto your profile
« Reply #1 on: 13.05. 2010 14:22 »
Hello. nice bike! and yes, there seems to be some problem with your picture when the program attempts to convert to an avatar. Will look into it.

Edit: Looks ok now. Still testing out.

...and seems it's something in the particular picture file DSC01515.jpg that prevents conversion to .png for use as avatar. I opened your picture in photoshop, then re-saved it with no modifications, then uploaded it as avatar in your profile (as a large file, the forum resizes automatically), and it worked.

Never seen this problem before, out of curiosity: from which program was DSC01515.jpg originally saved (there was no exif data).

e
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Offline LJ.

• Peterborough UK.
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • The Red A10!
    • LJ's Website!
« Reply #2 on: 14.05. 2010 08:50 »
Coo what a really lovely looking bike Andy! Congratulations...
Ride Safely Lads! LJ.
1940 BSA M20 500cc Girder/Rigid- (SOLD)
1947 BSA M21 600cc Girder/Rigid-Green
1949 BSA A7   500cc Girder/Plunger Star Twin-(SOLD)
1953 BSA B33  500cc Teles/Plunger-Maroon
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Blue
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Red

Offline Andy J

• Active
« Reply #3 on: 15.05. 2010 10:25 »
Hi, All I know is the photo was saved from my camera and to reduce the size I sent it to myself by email where i can reduce the size, thats as much as I know. Thanks for fixing the problem.
Regards Andy
Hello. nice bike! and yes, there seems to be some problem with your picture when the program attempts to convert to an avatar. Will look into it.

Edit: Looks ok now. Still testing out.

...and seems it's something in the particular picture file DSC01515.jpg that prevents conversion to .png for use as avatar. I opened your picture in photoshop, then re-saved it with no modifications, then uploaded it as avatar in your profile (as a large file, the forum resizes automatically), and it worked.

Never seen this problem before, out of curiosity: from which program was DSC01515.jpg originally saved (there was no exif data).

e

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 15.05. 2010 20:59 »
Thanks for the info, this confirms my suspicion about your photo having been through some special process, which may have stripped out some part of the file info (needed for conversion by the forum program). Anyway, case solved!
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"