Author Topic: Gearbox Drawing.  (Read 2877 times)

Offline alanp

• Plymouth, Devon
  • Valued Contributor
Gearbox Drawing.
« on: 29.05. 2010 17:38 »
Just curious since I haven't ever seen one, does anyone have a drawing of the standard BSA A10 type gearbox in cross section as assembled they can post up? I have various exploded views and also the cross section drawing on page 54 of George Prew's Gold Star book. George's drawing is of an RRT2 with needle roller layshaft instead of the flanged bushes of the standard box.
Alan
P.S. My Rocket Gold Star 'Carlsberg' replica rebuild is now finished after 10 months of extreme highs and lows, so I'll post up some pictures soon. Scared myself when I added up the cost today but it was great entertainment value and hopefully will pay me back in spades with great riding.
Member of the 'Last of the Summer Wine Club - Jennycliff'.

Offline peteplumb

• Active
  • Plymouth, England
Re: Gearbox Drawing.
« Reply #1 on: 31.05. 2010 00:31 »
is the rocket goldstar "carlsberg" replica on the road and if it is are you taking it to the plymouth bike night on thursday?

Offline alanp

• Plymouth, Devon
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 31.05. 2010 15:27 »
Pete, yes she/it is on the road now. I did a couple of Saltash/Callington loops to get some running in miles on it. All seems well except the oil gets hotter than my Goldie. Probably will need careful use until she loosens up.
Runs planned are the usual Tuesday morning Jennicliff cafe meeting and I'll take it to the Paignton and Plymouth bike nights this week (only if no rain/wet roads!).
Alan

Offline peteplumb

• Active
  • Plymouth, England
« Reply #3 on: 31.05. 2010 16:17 »
Alan
unfortunately never get to jennicliff on tuesday as normally got work booked in but the hammer rat is often seen down jaspers!
Pete

Offline peteplumb

• Active
  • Plymouth, England
« Reply #4 on: 31.05. 2010 17:25 »
Alan
have you got BSA service sheet No 209 this shows the main shaft and layshaft with cogs in place
Pete

Offline alanp

• Plymouth, Devon
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 01.06. 2010 11:40 »
Yes Pete, but it's not a cross section. Thanks anyhow.
Alan