Author Topic: A7 Plunger oil pipe work routing??  (Read 1292 times)

Offline RoadRunner

• A's Good Friend
  • Thinking Time
A7 Plunger oil pipe work routing??
« on: 01.06. 2010 22:09 »
Hi, I?m new to the forum and would appreciate anyone?s help, particularly photos, with oil feed and return pipe work. I have an A7 Plunger pre-unit circa 1954; the oil tank has the original connections and I also have the twin pipe (feed and return pipe) that connects to the crank cases between the gearbox and main cases ? the issues seems to be that the angle of connection looks very acute. This makes me think it is incorrect; therefore if anyone is willing to take a good photograph of the pipe work of their A7/A10 or offer suggestions I?d be very grateful.

The second question is the use of Vokes air filter; I have an original one which is falling apart ? does anyone makes these anymore? Any advice would be welcome.

This is a long standing project which is so close but so far!

Thanks in anticipation

RoadRunner
(East Midlands)

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Re: A7 Plunger oil pipe work routing??
« Reply #1 on: 03.06. 2010 06:39 »
G'day RoadRunner beep,beep. Welcome aboard.
 Just took these pics, hope they help. The outer one is the feed, the inner is the return and rocker box feed. I have put in a spin on filter on the return line.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline RoadRunner

• A's Good Friend
  • Thinking Time
« Reply #2 on: 03.06. 2010 22:13 »
Hi Muskrat,
Many thanks for the pics - I'll study these and see if my pipes follow similar lines! What type/make of spin on filter have you used and is this essential? I gather A7's can suffer from oil problems  - I'm trying to restore it to almost original but don't mind sensible mods that prolong's it life.

Your help is much apprecaited.

Beep beep
R/R 

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #3 on: 03.06. 2010 22:27 »
G'day again R/R,
                            it's just one of those sNorton type on ebay. takes a filter same as Dupussy. Just hosed it off the return pipe and back to the tank fitting. Others here have made their own to take smaller filters that fit in the tool box.
Cheers
PS that is still my favorite cartoon. Would love to know where the ACME factory is !
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline RoadRunner

• A's Good Friend
  • Thinking Time
« Reply #4 on: 05.06. 2010 19:48 »
G'day Musrat,
Thanks for all the info & advice - just ordered the oil pipes and fittings so hopefully in the next few weeks it'll all be connected - but still a fair way to go until its runniung and even further until its completed!

Beep beep
R/R

PS - no idea where the acme factory is! But I too love those cartoons.