Author Topic: Clutch  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Tone

• Brighton UK
  • A's Good Friend
Clutch
« on: 19.07. 2009 11:01 »
Guys, This is probably a daft question but, I have a "triumph 4 spring non cush cutch" on the A10, From Draganfly I got a new centre nut,washer and tab washer, as per the diagram tab washer first then washer then nut.The washer is thick about 1/8" flat on the side that goes on inside, on the outside it is scooped out, on the nut it has the flats for the spanner then it's turned down on the end that goes inside (bear with me) First is the nut supposed to go through the washer(the turned bit) because it's about a 1'16" too big. Also how tight a fit is it supposed to be against the basket (I know the nut has to be tight)Because when I took the nut etc off someone had put on a homemade washer and I'm not sure if there is supposed to be any play so the basket can turn inside the chainwheel.

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Clutch
« Reply #1 on: 19.07. 2009 11:40 »
Hi Tone
Just been through this whole thing, although my clutch has cush in it ( requires a different tab washer)
Yes the nut should go throught the washer, but the one Draganfly supply is wrong - to big to go though right?
Also the turned down bit may well be too long and the nut will become thread bound before it tightens up the centre
Sad to say this is not the only part I've had from Draganfly that was wrong ( Rocker box studs for alloy heads ) they asume some parts are interchangable when tey are not.

I eventualy got the right bits from TRI-COR (Triumph stuff) www.tri-corengland.com/
You can browse thier catalogue and seee the parts you need ( it is a Triumph clutch after all)

All the best - Bill
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline Tone

• Brighton UK
  • A's Good Friend
« Reply #2 on: 19.07. 2009 11:49 »
Bill, That is exactly right, I made the washer hole bigger so the turned bit of the nut goes through and like you say the nut bottoms out at least 1/8" short, thanks for the Triumph link.Regards Tone.

Offline Tone

• Brighton UK
  • A's Good Friend
« Reply #3 on: 19.07. 2009 12:01 »
Bill, I've been on Tri-Cor site and you have to order by number, I shall be getting a catalogue, but to save me time have you got the part numbers for the nut,washer and tab washer, Ta, Tone.

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 19.07. 2009 13:59 »
should have the reciept somewhere, could be in the shed though, will have a look this afternoon.

Sorry can't do it straight away only been home 4 days after three weeks in hospital, still a bit weak and a stone lighter than I should be but improving.
Worst thing is I looked in the shed this morning and can't remember just where abouts I was in my project build up, can't remember putting on the timing cover or gearbox outer but their on ( did I change the selector lever with the new one ?)

All the best - Bill
All the best - Bill
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline Tone

• Brighton UK
  • A's Good Friend
« Reply #5 on: 19.07. 2009 16:19 »
Sorry to hear that Bill, I wish you a speedy recovery,all the best, Tone.

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #6 on: 19.07. 2009 16:22 »
Best wishes for a good recovery.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #7 on: 19.07. 2009 21:06 »
Thanks for those best wishes - much appreciated

Tone I found the reciept ( on my desk not in the shed - DOH)

Clutch nut washer           57-1045       Â£3
Nut clutch centre CEI       57-1047       Â£4.70

Clutch centre tabwasher   57-1046      £1 ( this you don't want as it is specific to the cushdrive  clutch)

Vat applies and postage was £4

If you phone them to order I'm sure they will sort out what you need

All the best - Bill
All the best - Bill

Offline LJ.

• Peterborough UK.
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • The Red A10!
    • LJ's Website!
« Reply #8 on: 19.07. 2009 21:58 »
only been home 4 days after three weeks in hospital, still a bit weak and a stone lighter than I should be but improving.

Sorry to hear this Bill... Hope you indeed recover soon and are back out in the shed and on the bikes! I wondered why you had not been on the forum lately, your a valuable asset to us.
Ride Safely Lads! LJ.
1940 BSA M20 500cc Girder/Rigid- (SOLD)
1947 BSA M21 600cc Girder/Rigid-Green
1949 BSA A7   500cc Girder/Plunger Star Twin-(SOLD)
1953 BSA B33  500cc Teles/Plunger-Maroon
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Blue
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Red

Offline Tone

• Brighton UK
  • A's Good Friend
« Reply #9 on: 20.07. 2009 19:28 »
Thanks Bill, much apreciated, Tone.