Author Topic: Exhaust downpipes A10  (Read 2735 times)

Online groily

• Wise & Enlightened
    • www.brightsparkmagnetos.com
Exhaust downpipes A10
« on: 16.10. 2007 11:26 »
Anyone know of a decent source of A10 downpipes? Want to get rid of restricted Siamese system. Suitable-ish silencers seem relatively easy via the web, but the pipes . . .? Am I going to have the borrow the local plumbers' bending gear and make some, or can they be had if I looked in the right place? Groily
Bill

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Re: Exhaust downpipes A10
« Reply #1 on: 16.10. 2007 13:16 »

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

G/F DAVE

« Reply #2 on: 16.10. 2007 13:56 »
Hi,Groily try Gordon at  FEKED@COM (They have a web site with online catalogue) I have a pair of his pipes  on my 52 A10 plunger.good chrome & heavy guage pipe, also silencers have steel baffles not cheap wadding that rots silencer sound good tooooooo. Dave...........

Online groily

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 16.10. 2007 16:43 »
Thanks both. Couldn't find Armours on line for some reason - so ta v much for the link. Feked seem good for silencers but say on their site they have no A10 downpipes at the mo. Shall phone them both and see what happens. Groily
Bill

Online groily

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 17.10. 2007 19:12 »
More thanks. Armours have what's needed and have duly ordered. Groily
Bill

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #5 on: 18.10. 2007 19:20 »
Hi Groily, 

Pleased to learn that Armours were able to supply.  They supplied my A10 silencers and I was more than pleased with them.

Can you let the Forum know if they are a good fit?  Some front pipes have a reputation of having inaccurate mounting brackets with the holes not lining up very well.  However, as far as I know, Armours have a good reputation.

Beezageezauk.

Online groily

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 18.10. 2007 21:04 »
Certainly will, when I get them, with pic i hope. Man on 'phone said I might have to fettle a bit to get the brackets to align . . . we'll see what that means. Bending and spacers rather than welding I hope! More worried about my very effective home-made side-stand getting in the way on the drive side now that I'm going to have a grown-up 2 pipe system. There are some pretty unfriendly remarks out there on the web re Armours and Triumph pipes which you've probably come across too, but my previous experience (15-20 years ago - and pipes still going strong if a bit unshiny, on an AMC twin) has been good. Glad to have got their address - all my early search efforts got me arms traders! Maybe not so silly for a BSA . . . . Groily.
Bill

Online groily

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #7 on: 07.11. 2007 12:48 »
Promised a pic and comment when Armour's pipes and silencers arrived. Which they did, eventually, yesterday afternoon after 10 days lost in transit between Dorset and Normandy - all of about 90 miles door to door. Silencers are great, with a much better sound than the siamese I had on before. Timing side pipe was very good too and easy to fit. Drive side pipe, supplied with a small double kink in it to tuck in at rear of primary case and under lh footrest hanger and rear brake lever, was too tight by about an inch to go on. Had to heat and remove both kinks, then it went together OK. Bracketry was pretty close - less than half an inch out on the lh side, and easy enough to persuade it into place. Shame about the bluing and the ripples that heating the end of the pipe caused, but I'm not into 'shiny' too much and aren't as bothered as a lot of people would be. Could be something weird about my bike, or a slightly ill-formed pipe, or whatever - but I didn't fancy the hassle of trying to get another. Anyway, having fabricated some bits of farmyard scrap to make hangers for the silencers, I'm pleased enough. Angle of dangle is about equal both sides, spacing from the frame centre line isn't bad and the whole thing is nice and rigid. Wouldn't do for them as wants perfect, but the best is the enemy of the good and I'm happy. Groily
Not sure if pic will come through - too large maybe for the 800k limit . . .
Bill

Offline snowbeard

• American Citizen in Lisbon, Portugal
  • A's Good Friend
« Reply #8 on: 20.11. 2007 22:53 »
look pretty nice!  they have a good round to the bend as they should.

so what do you have on there for ignition and generator?  the gen just looks blanked off? but did you go with an aftermarket mag?
\1981 Suzi GS650
\1988 BMW K100LT in Lisbon!!

=