Author Topic: Bike Trashed.  (Read 871 times)

thos539

Bike Trashed.
« on: 05.09. 2010 21:11 »
I bought a Tribsa, Love it ,

That was untill some scroat nicked it and burnt it out when they had done

So back to the drawing board, wanted a more period look so have been collecting parts and trying to put right some of the faults it had when it was running. Miss fire , gearing to low, wiring fault.
Getting there though, I think.Loosley assembled it looks like this.

What do you think ?

Offline bonny

• Valued Contributor
Re: Bike Trashed.
« Reply #1 on: 06.09. 2010 00:11 »
do your own thing , its you who'll have to live with the bike when its finished , sorry to hear about the original tribsa being burnt out , there are some real world class scumbags out there , i don't understand the burning out part , stealing it and have a ride on it is one thing but to destroy it is another. *conf*

Offline tombeau

• Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 06.09. 2010 07:50 »
All too common I'm afraid. They set fire to it because they know they can't keep it, but they can stop you from having it. There's probably something quite primitive about ending their little adventure with a fire too.
Sorry about that.

I like how you're bike is looking, but personally. I would use the slimmer back mudguard with those off roady looking bars and get something similar for the front...but that just me, and its your bike.
Cheers,
Iain

Offline anita

• Moving Up
  • South Yorkshire, UK
« Reply #3 on: 06.09. 2010 18:36 »
I've had 2 cars stollen in the past and just don't get attached to them any more but I would hate for someone to nick my bike, I'm really sorry they had yours.  I like the deeper guards but would go for a more rounded tank myself.  Really like your sprung saddle.
1951 BSA A10 plunger
1967 BSA C15
2004 Enfield Classic Bullet 500CC

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lake Conjola NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #4 on: 06.09. 2010 20:22 »
The thin rear guard looks better. It will be a pain to remove the wheel without the original hinged guard.
Was it insured? At least you got it back, and now can make it as you want it.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR, '76 XT500, '77 AG175 '83 CB1100F, '81 CB900F project.
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 06.09. 2010 20:48 »
I don't suppose that would include putting an A7 or A10 engine in it to make it a "BSA-BSA"? :) Just jokin, I can see the fun and coolness in the Tri-Bsa, I just wonder if this is the best place to get your engine-related help or comraderie. Regardless, there would be many here, including me, interested in the progress of your restoration.

Richard L.

R
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Offline mikethebrush

• Moving Up
  • pre restoraton
« Reply #6 on: 07.09. 2010 13:47 »
I like it and prefer what your doing now to the way it was before, keep posting as I would  love to see the finished article

there was a lad near us who was always pinching bikes and cars and burning them out

he bought a nova and spent months and a fortune in extras and paint, it lasted about a week when it was finished, someone set fire to it .............karma
1959 BSA A7 SHOOTING STAR

Offline tombeau

• Resident Legend
« Reply #7 on: 07.09. 2010 14:00 »
How deeply satisfying.