Author Topic: Box o' Bitsa Eh! Eh!  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
Box o' Bitsa Eh! Eh!
« on: 25.10. 2010 20:10 »
Well, I couldn't think of a suitable caption for this picture.  Maybe someone can come up with something more appropriate??

Anyway, as I was on my way to a BSAOC Camp in August I came across this old fashioned AA Box and thought that I would stop to make a picture with a difference.  This was the result.

Beezageezauk.

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Box o' Bitsa Eh! Eh!
« Reply #1 on: 25.10. 2010 20:40 »
Those were the days, when it was a service well worth having, only AA uniform I see these days is in Morrisons looking for members.
Last time my renewal came in the biggest share of it was an administration charge, 80 odd quid they wanted, I phoned them up and told them our long friendship was about to end, bingo membership now 26 quid,
Thing is doesn't matter who your with if you need help it the same garage from Seahouses that comes out
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline LJ.

• Peterborough UK.
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • The Red A10!
    • LJ's Website!
« Reply #2 on: 25.10. 2010 21:07 »
Looking at the Picture I seemed to remember stopping here before... Sure enough after finding the picture in my Documents I was here with this bunch of lads during our 'Great Northern Quest' 2007, no idea where this box is though??

On the Bikes... Far left is Ed De'ath on his BSA Lightening... My Green M21... Robin on his A10... Kent Shaun on his M33 outfit with Janet in sidecar... Saluting is Graham Ham with his Triumph Speed Twin far right, and away from the BSA's. lol

Click picture for enlargement!
Ride Safely Lads! LJ.
1940 BSA M20 500cc Girder/Rigid- (SOLD)
1947 BSA M21 600cc Girder/Rigid-Green
1949 BSA A7   500cc Girder/Plunger Star Twin-(SOLD)
1953 BSA B33  500cc Teles/Plunger-Maroon
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Blue
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Red

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 25.10. 2010 21:17 »
This may be obvious to you folks in the UK, but I have only surmised that this is an outhouse provided by the AA for all or for its members. Is it something other than an outhouse?

Richard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 25.10. 2010 22:11 »
housed a telephone Richard, to request assistance, every member had a key to get in (we still do) , they used to put a phone every so many miles on motorways as well, don't know if that's still the case, probably 90 % vandalised these days.
Some time In the nineties I think they sold up to a French concern, members got a payoff of 240 UK pounds or there abouts, the good thing about membership was that it was the member that was covered not the car so you had help even when travelling in other peoples vehicles, you can still get this cover but I now plump for cover for my car alone
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline Goldy

• Warwickshire, England
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #5 on: 26.10. 2010 17:19 »
There were all types of these boxes around the uk in the 60's. AA,  RAC,  and blue  Police boxes - better known as the UK television programme Dr Who the Tardis.
56 A10 Golden Flash - Restore, ride, relive.                                          
56 C12 BSA project ongoing