Author Topic: Bike Pics on the forum  (Read 1936 times)

Offline Andyhosie

• A's Good Friend
    • www.bsarocketman.com
Bike Pics on the forum
« on: 18.11. 2010 07:06 »
Hi all, thought I would ask all the people that have put their pics. of their bike on this forum if they mind me also showing them off in my website photo albums (see my profile for website).
I have only just got this site up and going and would love to post some of these pic and any imput you all may have
cheers
Andy

Cheers,
Andy
58 A10 Special
54 Super Flash
Always Looking for A10/A7 Parts

bsarocketman.com

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Bike Pics on the forum
« Reply #1 on: 18.11. 2010 08:45 »
no problem with mine Andy but in a month or so I would hope to have a pic of both my bikes together which might be better for you
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online orabanda

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 18.11. 2010 08:49 »
Sounds good Andy; i assume you will be acknowledging the bike owner or photographer?
The Kalgoorlie Kid

Speaking of my home town:

"A truckie who has been out on the road for three weeks stops off at a brothel outside Kalgoorlie.

He walks straight up to the Madam, drops down $500 and says,
I want your ugliest woman and a burnt chop.!!

The Madam is astonished. 'But sir, for that kind of money you
could have one of my finest ladies and a lovely three-course meal.

The truckie replies, 'I'm not horny . . . . ... I'm homesick"

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
« Reply #3 on: 18.11. 2010 09:34 »
No worries from me either Andy, let me know if you want any higher res pics of anything and I will e-mail them direct if you want.

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #4 on: 18.11. 2010 12:21 »
G'day Andy, no worries here. Site looks good, I was visitor # 119 which was my old racing #
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Goldseeker

• Winkleigh, Devon, UK
  • A's Good Friend
« Reply #5 on: 18.11. 2010 13:55 »
"A truckie who has been out on the road for three weeks stops off at a brothel outside Kalgoorlie.

He walks straight up to the Madam, drops down $500 and says,
I want your ugliest woman and a burnt chop.!!

The Madam is astonished. 'But sir, for that kind of money you
could have one of my finest ladies and a lovely three-course meal.

The truckie replies, 'I'm not horny . . . . ... I'm homesick"

*lol* *clap*
Col.

RGS Rep.
Triumph Rocket 111 Classic
BSA Rocket 3 Mk1

Offline Stu55Flash

• A's Good Friend
    • Flash Resto
« Reply #6 on: 18.11. 2010 18:01 »
No problem with any of mine either. Hope to have a better pic of the bike once the weather clears in Cumbria. Might be waiting some time!

One from me:

My wife asked me to go shopping for something that made her look sexy. You should have seen her face when I can back with 12 cans!

Stu
"Keep a distance from lady "L" drivers in cars. Some are not mechanically minded, are slow to acquire road sense, an are apt to panic..." The Pitman Book of the BSA Twins.
Golden Flash Plunger 1955, Francis Barnett Falcon 67 1954, Ferguson TEA Tractor 1951. Looking for another project!

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #7 on: 18.11. 2010 19:29 »
No objections here, but I'm not sure you are nterested in off-stock examples. Also, it would seem a good idea to include our forum in your list, assuming our administartor agrees.

Richard L.

Offline Andyhosie

• A's Good Friend
    • www.bsarocketman.com
« Reply #8 on: 25.11. 2010 21:10 »
thanks to everyone that has replied thus far.
I will certainly post the owners/photographers names and bike model.
I have no objections to "specials" either, we all like different things.
Please send any pics or info you may have either via the website or to me (see my profile).
Also please keep in mind that I am endevouring to rebuild my smashed 54 RR and need a lot of parts.
I have a set of engine cases and a head......The rest I need...please help me get the word out there
Also for those interested, the guy that hit me with the ferrari went to court last week...to see the newspaper article just
"google" ..andrew hosemans
Cheers
Andy
Seeing i'm still not back at work I have plenty of time to update the site on a daily basis
Cheers,
Andy
58 A10 Special
54 Super Flash
Always Looking for A10/A7 Parts

bsarocketman.com

Offline MG

• Resident Legend
« Reply #9 on: 25.11. 2010 21:35 »
Andy, feel free to use any of my pics here on the forum. Nice site you got there.

Jeez, I've just read the article and still got shivers down the spine. Hope you are (halfway) ok again?

Best wishes, Markus
1955 A7 Shooting Star
1956 A10 Golden Flash
1961 Matchless G12 CSR

www.histo-tech.at - Restoration, Repairs, Racing

Austria

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
« Reply #10 on: 25.11. 2010 23:21 »
This one almost defies belief Andy, how the hell he kept his licence is unbelievable. I am good friends with the bloke who was riding behind you at the time of the accident so have been aware of what has been going on.

This shows what you can get away with if you have money or know people in the right places.

Offline ole thumper

• Moving Up
    • Ole Thumpers blog
« Reply #11 on: 28.11. 2010 16:18 »
Hey Andy,
 I sure would be glad to contribute a pic of my bike.
 I'm really glad that you made it thru that accident. It sucks that people can get away with what happened and keep driving, I'm a law abiding person but I sure don't have much respect for the law , having experienced first hand aberrations of the course that the law that allows people like the driver of the Ferrari to walk away scot-free ......which that paltry fine almost amounted to!
Wish you a speedy recovery and like someone once said " Everyone crashes.  Some get back on.  Some don't.  Some can't"
..........I'm glad you can!

Hank
"The world is full of Kings and Queens, who blind your eyes then,steal your dreams..... (Black Sabbath-Heaven and Hell!).

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #12 on: 29.11. 2010 17:58 »
Oh my God! What a freaking story, and to be referred to locally (maybe nationally, for what I know) as "The Great Crash," jeez! So glad you are evidently making it through.

About this driver, to me, the issue of the slapped-wrist fine is less significant than his lack of remorse. The fine is indicative of determined fault. I don't know how it is down under, but here in the U.S., any half-decent attorney would turn that into a very sizable settlement or court decision, enough so that perhaps Carlo could no longer afford a Ferrari. I know the money probably won't put your body back to original condition, but it could give Carlo a different kind of remorse.

Richard L.

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #13 on: 20.08. 2018 12:54 »
At the recent bike show I attended, there was an A65 with a Road Rocket decal on the tank (may have been the winning BSA). I don't think there was such a thing, but straighten me out, but not really the pont here. In my seach, I stumbled over this video by Andy that I don't recall posted here on the forum.

It's shocking. Andy, I hope you don't mind me posting this. If so, PM me and I'll take it down. Hope you are doing well.

Richard L.

https://youtu.be/eVEIlFveM08