Author Topic: ALOHA  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Caw!

• Moving Up
ALOHA
« on: 29.11. 2010 01:56 »
Aloha from Hawaii to all members. After many years of sailing around the South Pacific, I've come to my senses and have shed the yacht in favour of 2 wheeled enjoyment again!  What a great forum you have going here.  I've even noticed some of my old friends from BSAOC in the 1970's~80s are still involved with the wonderful A~10s.  I sure miss mine and hope to be able to come back to England for more riding soon.  If anyone has email addresses for John Hewitt, Pat Quinlan, Stan Pollock or Ray Baker, please let me know as I love to reconnect with me ole mates. I have a killer video shot at the Warrington Branch camping weekend October 1989 that I'm trying to get transferred to disc.  Thanks to all for a great forum!  Richard Tatz  caw.caw1@yahoo.com
Rich

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
Re: ALOHA
« Reply #1 on: 29.11. 2010 09:46 »
Hi Richard,

Welcome back to two wheels and the A7/A10 Forum.

Ok, I'll try to answer your questions.

Ray Baker is still kicking about although not riding his outfit as much as he used to.  He still has his R3 with widened Watsonian sidecar which he has rigged up with caravan reversing gear.  Unfortunately I don't have a contact number for him but I should be able to get in touch with his son, Dave.  If I get any more information I will send you an email.

Stan Pollock left the UK and went to live in Thailand for a while.  He was there for a couple of years before he returned home.  When he first came back I saw him a couple of times and then he seems to have left the scene.  However, he might see your posting and get in touch with you.

John Hewitt and Pat Quinlan won't be able to get in touch with you.  Unfortunately they both passed away towards the end of September, within a couple of weeks of each other.  I attended both funerals and the send off they had showed how popular they were.  I was surprised that I didn't see Stan at either of the services but I reckon that maybe nobody knows how to get in touch with him.

Sorry to be the bearer of sad news.

BTW:- I might be on that video of yours.  Look out for a B31 with registration number 25 CUP.

Beezageezauk.

Offline a10gf

• Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #2 on: 29.11. 2010 10:36 »
And a welcome to Hawaii, am very envious, the weather \ temperature \ beaches \ beautiful girls \ etc etc
e

A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline Caw!

• Moving Up
« Reply #3 on: 29.11. 2010 21:05 »
Thanks Beezageezauk for the reply.  Very saddened to hear about Pat and John.  Now the video in the pub will be even more meaningful.  Most of the footage was singing and poems in the pub, but on the next morning everyone was packing up to ride off.  Will look for you and your bike.  I found an address for Ray in March, Cambs and sent him a letter by post.  Not sure if he still lives there.  If I can get this tape transferred, I'll try to get a copy to you so you folks can have a good laugh!  All the Best,  Richard
Rich

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #4 on: 30.11. 2010 20:04 »
Hi again Richard,

I believe that Ray moved from March, Cambs a few years ago to be closer to his son and wife (Dave & Shirley) and family.  I have an old phone number for Dave but it appears to be obsolete.

I'll make more enquiries for you but in the meantime you might like to put your request on the BSAOC Forum.  It has only been up and running for a couple of weeks.  Go to www.bsaownersclub.co.uk and click "Forum" on the home page.  It's available to members and non-members alike at present.

Beezageezauk.

Offline Caw!

• Moving Up
« Reply #5 on: 01.12. 2010 04:03 »
Thanks for the update,  With luck, my letter might be forwarded to Ray and Joan, but I will definitely check the BSAOC forum.  Nice to know there is a positive side to all this new technology.  I've been enjoying catching up by reading many of the posts here on the A~10 forum.  You folks have done a superb job of setting this up.  Kelly and I are still remembering all the good times with everyone in the BSA "family" while we were in the UK.  Could definitely use a proper hand pulled pint of real ale about now!   Richard
Rich

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lake Conjola NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #6 on: 01.12. 2010 08:18 »
G'day Richard, welcome to the forum.
                                                          Good to catch up with old mates through here, though sorry to hear the bad news.
Looks like a great place over there. A local TV crew just did a week from there. The weather man (revhead) took a Hardley Drivable for a lap.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR, '76 XT500, '77 AG175 '83 CB1100F, '81 CB900F project.
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Caw!

• Moving Up
« Reply #7 on: 03.12. 2010 02:02 »
Hey Muskrat, the least that reporter could have done was hire one of the new Triumphs (available here) to do some laps around the island on!  This forum is really something. I've been reading lots of the entries and you guys that put this together should be highly commended!  Aloha, Richard
Rich

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lake Conjola NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #8 on: 03.12. 2010 10:19 »
Yep, looking at the footage I recon I will be over 100 when I get my license back after a week over there on the cafe. At least I'm sort of safe here, most of the local plods know me. *smile* Roads not as wide or smooth, but lots of bends, just watch for the Skippies at dawn or dusk.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR, '76 XT500, '77 AG175 '83 CB1100F, '81 CB900F project.
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Caw!

• Moving Up
« Reply #9 on: 04.12. 2010 00:57 »
Yeah, that is right.  I love getting "lost" on the 'B' roads and just to see where i might end up.  With any luck there's usually a nice pub nearby.  Looking forward to our return in the near future and salivating with the thought of a hand pulled pint of real ale!  Happy Christmas~ Mele Kalikimaka!
Rich