Author Topic: 52 plunger yokes  (Read 759 times)

Offline david c

• Moving Up
52 plunger yokes
« on: 12.12. 2010 10:45 »
i have loosley assembled the front end to make sure everything fits before painting but it seems very tight where the fork shrouds slide between the mudguards. maybe the yokes are not wide enough. could anyone tell me what the measurement between the top yoke fork holes should be and also the holes in the bottom yoke, thanks

Offline Stu55Flash

• A's Good Friend
    • Flash Resto
Re: 52 plunger yokes
« Reply #1 on: 12.12. 2010 11:53 »
On my 55 plunger the gap between the fork shrouds and the mud guard is around 1/8", yea it's quite tight. Is this the measurement your after?I remember having difficulty getting the front end back together after painting without scratching the paint. In fact the mud guard had previously been touching the fork shrouds as both the mud guard and shroud needed repair. I let in a plate at the bottom of the fork shroud and solder repaired the mud guard.

Not sure if this helped? If you let me know what dimension your after I'll try and measure it for you. As the bike is back together I would have difficulty in measuring the precise yoke centres. Not sure I have the necessary tools to measure it that precisely anyway?

Stu
"Keep a distance from lady "L" drivers in cars. Some are not mechanically minded, are slow to acquire road sense, an are apt to panic..." The Pitman Book of the BSA Twins.
Golden Flash Plunger 1955, Francis Barnett Falcon 67 1954, Ferguson TEA Tractor 1951. Looking for another project!

Offline mrshells

• A's Good Friend
  • Lincolnshire
Re: 52 plunger yokes
« Reply #2 on: 12.12. 2010 21:04 »
David
Sorry for not getting back sooner
I have no excuse
just been out through what remains of the snow to the garage and the measurements on my Star Twin are the same as you qouted in the email you sent me
mine is a very tight fit if you want pictures let me know
john