Author Topic: Ahh the joys of a Saturday ride.  (Read 749 times)

Offline gold33

• A's Good Friend
Ahh the joys of a Saturday ride.
« on: 15.01. 2011 11:50 »
G'day,

Happy New year to all.

Had my first ride since Christmas as a result of a failed solder joint at the lever end of the clutch cable.
Front tyre on 9psi and my compressor hose burst, off to the 7eleven... tyre all good, time for a nice day on the road

Just pulling of of 7eleven and my gear change lever fell off!
Roadside repairs completed and off again... now running on one cylinder!!!
Back home, compressor hose fixed, high-tension leads and plugs cleaned (oil had been running into the lower rear side).
Off I go again with much relief, 29 deg C but felt like 200% humidity inside my Kevlar shirt and Jeans.

Covered a good 90mile with a grin from ear to ear, rode into the garage, up onto centre stand and clink? a bolt covered in oil and numerous washers come to ground under the bike???
I burned my hand on the exhaust trying to extract it so I have yet to determine its place of origin.

In modern language it is approx an M8 at around 30mm in length (hopefully it is actually not an M8 forced in somewhere that it shouldn't have been) and landed directly under the sump.

So all up I spent the day doing what I love, getting dirty hands fixing things, and going for a nice long ride.
Darren
'52 Plunger

Offline rocket man

• Valued Contributor
Re: Ahh the joys of a Saturday ride.
« Reply #1 on: 15.01. 2011 11:54 »
lucky you its pouring down with rain here i hate this british weather and the cost of fuel   *sad2*

Offline Caw!

• Active
« Reply #2 on: 17.01. 2011 02:10 »
Yeah, but don't forget you have British Real Ale!  As well as beautiful countryside and fun roads for motorcycling.  Here in Hawaii, we call rain, "Liquid Sunshine".  It's only just that your liquid sunshine comes in a slightly cooler temperature!  Cheer up, Spring is on it's way!   Caw!  Richard
Rich

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #3 on: 17.01. 2011 08:09 »
G'day Darren,
                  sounds like a normal day working for me.
Two bolts come to mind. Sidestand clamp bolts.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline gold33

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #4 on: 17.01. 2011 11:30 »
Thanks Musky,
Spot on.
The offending bolt came from the centre stand clamp that the spring attaches to, luckily there are 2.

By the sound of the weather over there I think I'd be taking a scotch to the shed not a beer! (a Balvenie 15 yr old!)
Looking at visiting Hawaii in July this year, hopefully not too much "liquid sunshine"
Darren
'52 Plunger