Author Topic: Hello - Introducing myself  (Read 794 times)

Offline andrewk

• Active
Hello - Introducing myself
« on: 03.02. 2011 17:51 »
Hi,

My name is Andrew and I live near Swanley in Kent, UK.

My Dad is restoring a 1954, A10 Golden Flash with Swing Arm Frame which he's owned for somewhile and is now completely restoring. He's in Canada and not too great with the internet, so my part of the restoration is to try and source him the correct parts.

Any advice will be appreciated.

I do hope to attend some local events and share a pint. Hopefully in time, my Dad will put his spanners down for a while and join in on the forum!

Kind regards to all,

Andrew

Offline andy2565

• A's Good Friend
Re: Hello - Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: 03.02. 2011 18:23 »
hi mate
there used to be a good classic meet once a month at the pied bull in farningham,just over the m25 from you,
near wolves uk,will keep riding as long as can stay upright,tribsa,tt500,2xJAP grasstrackers+jawa.gold flash.triumph metisse,and others.

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 03.02. 2011 19:33 »
Andrewk,

Welcome to the forum. You are going to learn a lot about A10s along the way in the process of helping your dad. Are your dad and the bike both in Canada? If so, that might affect where you are steered for parts. One thing you will learn really fast is that you don't find all the parts you need from one supplier. If you have specific parts you are looking for, you should go ahead and list them by name, and our members will steer you to vendors likely to be reliable.  If you want to be steered away from a vendor, by name, that would probabaly come in the form of a PM (personal message).

Please take care, you might soon find you have the bug and must have an "A" of your own.

Richard L.

Offline andrewk

• Active
« Reply #3 on: 04.02. 2011 15:05 »
Hi Andy - I know the Pied Bull well, its a nice pub. I was told there's no longer a meet there, but will double check things for myself. Thanks for the reply!

Hi Richard - Thank you for the welcome to the forum and for the protocol tip.
Yes, both the bike and my Dad are in Canada, near Montreal. Personally, I'm looking forward to learning quite a bit from the forum, my Dad knows his was around bikes very well having owned BSA's (and other makes) since the early 1950's. My knowledge isn't so good on the classics, but I'm learning fast. I will need steering in the right direction where vendors are concerned! Regarding having an "A" of my own, yes I would !!
Take care,

Andrew