Author Topic: Where can I get oversized valve guides ? any ideas ?  (Read 989 times)

Offline Stephen Arsenal

• A's Good Friend
Has anybody any ideas ? First port of call was SRM but they are awaiting a shipment,could be days or months ? Anyone willing to sell any new ones or any ideas ? As usual thanks in advance,many thanks-steve
ho ho ho

Offline trickytree

• A's Good Friend
  • Lincolnshire, England
Re: Where can I get oversized valve guides ? any ideas ?
« Reply #1 on: 12.02. 2011 13:04 »
Can only suggest ringing around....TMS in Nottingham are one of my usual suppliers for unit twin stuff but they also do pre unit. There open till 3 on Saturdays. 0115 9503447
1965 A65 Bobber
A10 Bitza project

Offline Stephen Arsenal

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #2 on: 12.02. 2011 14:59 »
Thanks nice one,also found out about P Seager Engineering in Ipswich,will contact both,Thanks trickytree you´re the bis
ho ho ho

Offline alanp

• Plymouth, Devon
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 12.02. 2011 16:07 »
Stephen, if you have an aluminium head and if the valves are bronze alloy, unless you have good workshop facilities and experience of doing these, I strongly suggest you take it to someone who has done this sucessfully before. They are a problem to get out and the bores in the guides can be damaged drifting the new ones back in. You will need a hot head and/or very cold guides to do this without problems. I kid you not.
Send the head to SRM and save yourself the hassle, they will check your head bores once the quides are out and fit ones with the correct interference in the head to suit each valve position.
Good luck anyhow.
Alan
Member of the 'Last of the Summer Wine Club - Jennycliff'.

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #4 on: 12.02. 2011 17:03 »
Stephen,

You can also try www.alpha-bearings.com or phone 44 (0) 1384 255151 (England).

I believe that they make many items on their premises so oversize guides should not be a problem.

Beezageezauk.

Offline Stephen Arsenal

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #5 on: 12.02. 2011 17:39 »
Thanks guys,again,actually it is not I who will be fitting them.Forum member MG is in the process of rebuilding my engine ,Hopefully if any of you come to germany in July you can see (hear) the end results,anyway thank you all again.Steve
ho ho ho