Author Topic: A10 rear mudguard stays  (Read 1033 times)

Offline a101960

• Wise & Enlightened
  • BSA RGS BSA C12
A10 rear mudguard stays
« on: 03.04. 2011 15:22 »
Are the 'Arrow Head' rear mudguard stays directly interchangeable with the earlier type? For example do they have the same overall dimensions? I know that the brackets that the earlier type bolt to the frame with would be redundant. Are there any other differences?

John

Offline 1660bob

• A's Good Friend
Re: A10 rear mudguard stays
« Reply #1 on: 05.04. 2011 08:04 »
John-looks like you`ve stumped us! I`m messing about at the moment with back m/guards and stays.Mine is the later type i.e. arrowheads with the correct later guard.I don`t have an earlier guard to compare but i have seen bikes out and about with arrowheads and the earlier mudguard,( given away by the small flats in the beading meant to clear the EARLIER stays) The stays will obviously fit straight onto the frame, leaving a redundant hole in the earlier mudguard that you could simply grommet off.The question is whether the hole at the rear end of the guard lines up with the late stay- you can always re-drill/ fill existing hole if needs be.Best of luck, bob.

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 06.04. 2011 19:57 »
Hi Guys,

I seem to remember fitting arrowhead stays and a 1960 rear mudguard to a 1957 S/A frame with no problems a few years ago.

Beezageezauk.

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 06.04. 2011 21:15 »
not really possible to comment with confidence John as there are at least two lengths of the previous type.
I have a friend who has put the earlier type on his Shooting Star (at the second attempt) 
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco