Author Topic: Golden Flash De Luxe ?  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Nitti

• A's Good Friend
Golden Flash De Luxe ?
« on: 17.01. 2008 14:52 »
Hello fellow BSA lovers,

Last weekend I purchased my first BSA, a 1953 Golden Flash with a sidecar. It is quite complete as I can judge, and has been on and off the road since the sixties, so I tend to believe that the 20000 km on the clock is genuine. However the bike has been re-painted in 5 different shades of gold.

I will certainly return to this forum several times in the future, since I intend to do a full renovation and would need the collective expertise form the group here.

Today's question : the bike was re-registred as a "BSA A10 Golden Flash De Luxe" in the beginning of the seventies. Does anyone out there know what the differences are between a De Luxe and a standard Golden Flash ?

I have looked around but have not found any information about this elsewhere, it might be a local thing (Swedish), where the importer has fitted a chromed mirror and jacked up the price 5% ;-)

Nitti

Nitti- Ekero/Sweden !
BSA Golden Flash-53 with Sidecar

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Golden Flash De Luxe ?
« Reply #1 on: 17.01. 2008 16:24 »
Nitti,

I haven't heard of a "de Luxe" in A10s, however, in doing a little web seach, it appears that there was a Bantam de Luxe.  From the picture I saw, the big difference would be the paint job having pin striping. It would be interesting to know if your bike has pin striping on the fenders or wheel rims. I will look in my Roy Bacon, "BSA Twins and Triples" book when I get home (you will be asleep, I think.)

Richard

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 18.01. 2008 15:40 »
Hello & welcome, hope you will enjoy the forum. Yes, photos are always welcome.

Regards
e
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 18.01. 2008 15:53 »
Now, on a little more looking, it appears BSA had many models they called "de Luxe," I just can't find one that's an A10

De Luxe models from 1930-1940 may be seen at this fellows website: http://home.planet.nl/~leonhop3/

Richard

Offline Nitti

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #4 on: 19.01. 2008 11:53 »
Hello again.
sorry for not having responded yet to your thoughts, but I have had some trouble with the login, but now its solved.
I will try to post some pictures during the weekend, so be patient !

Ys, there are some stripes on the fenders, but they are strictly "non-original", quite miserable paint job done in the seventies I guess, brush and spraycan is not the perfect insttruments for good results, at least not on a beauty like the GF.

Sometime you appreciate the Swedish bureaucracy , I spoke to a lady in the registrars office , and she found the early history of the bike, from 53 to 68. I have not received the documents yet, hopefully they will shed some light on the De Luxe mystery. What I have learnt though is that the bike has been off the road for quite some years, at least 68-72, 74-86, 03-08 , indicating, at leasta to me that the odometer may be right, ie 20 000 km.

Nitti

Nitti- Ekero/Sweden !

Offline Pim

• A's Good Friend
  • Enschede - The Netherlands
« Reply #5 on: 20.01. 2008 00:38 »
hello, and welcome!

I hope to see some photo's soon:) and that you will find the answers that you are looking for.
I agree that spraypaint isn't very nice, but my parents and I dug up an lod DKW from my dad's garage, and he painted it with a brush and damn that looks fine! It has 2 layers of base, 3 layers black and 2 layers clear. That sure is deep shiny black:)

Have a great time with your new beauty, and maybe well see each other when my bike is finished, the first thing I'll do is go on vacation to Sweden and drive the vast streches of your beautifull country! take care!
Slow but steady...

Offline Nitti

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #6 on: 20.01. 2008 17:02 »
Finally,
Now there are pictures on the bike in the Pictures and Bikes folder.

All comments welcome !

Nitti
Nitti- Ekero/Sweden !