Author Topic: Country Flag in Signature  (Read 5522 times)

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
Country Flag in Signature
« on: 19.06. 2011 16:17 »
To get your flag: Go to Profile > Forum Profile Information > Signature and enter

[img]https://www.a7a10.net/forum/flags/**.png[/img]

Swap ** for your country code letters. Most of the world available, some examples:

au.png
gb.png
sct.png
nz.png
us.png
ca.png
ch.png
fr.png
at.png
de.png
es.png
se.png
etc
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Offline RoadRunner

• A's Good Friend
  • Thinking Time
Re: ...am quietly adding flags
« Reply #1 on: 19.06. 2011 22:40 »
Hi Administator,
You're doing a great job and I'm sure this is in the pipeline once you've settled on flags or no flags but would it be possible to place an 'Alt' tag on the flag image so when you hover over it it informs you of the country and possibly city? The latter bit (City) may be too individual and too much work? Just a thought since not all of us, me especially, arn't that up to date on our flag recognition skills! I like the flag - saves me looking up their location in their profile (being a lazy person).
Keep up the good work,
Cheers
RoadRunner

Offline Beezageezauk

• N.E. England
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 20.06. 2011 09:31 »
Yes, I'm with RoadRunner on this one as I regularly check locations in the members profile.  We often need to know locations to help answer specific questions....especially questions about local parts suppliers!!

Keep up the good work.  I'm proud of the forum, the way it's being conducted and the quality of the members.  Almost 400 now and we're still a happy family.  All down to you.

Beezageezauk.

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 20.06. 2011 11:27 »
I'm proud of the forum, the way it's being conducted and the quality of the members.
...makes all the work & time spent very worthwhile. Thanks. And thanks+ to the members for the content quality.

worthwhile > useful, good, valuable, helpful, worthy, profitable, productive, beneficial, meaningful, constructive, justifiable, expedient, gainful. Sufficiently rewarding, valuable or important to be worth (justify) one's time, effort, and interest  ;)

Will investigate further on how to best implement the country flags.
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Offline MG

• Resident Legend
« Reply #4 on: 08.07. 2011 09:50 »
I've made some adjustments to my profile flag (country name and wiki link), what do you think?

It is difficult to keep some flags apart due to the small size, like New Zealand and Australia, or Italy and Ireland.  ???
1955 A7 Shooting Star
1956 A10 Golden Flash
1961 Matchless G12 CSR

www.histo-tech.at - Restoration, Repairs, Racing

Austria

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #5 on: 08.07. 2011 10:37 »
I like that Marcus. Always good to learn a little more about other places.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline RoadRunner

• A's Good Friend
  • Thinking Time
« Reply #6 on: 08.07. 2011 11:12 »
I've made some adjustments to my profile flag (country name and wiki link), what do you think?

It is difficult to keep some flags apart due to the small size, like New Zealand and Australia, or Italy and Ireland.  ???

Well done MG - looks good; is it easy to implement?
Cheers
RR

Offline MG

• Resident Legend
« Reply #7 on: 08.07. 2011 11:28 »
Yes, easy enough to do, it's like adding an internet link to one of your posts, using UBB code, but without having the nice buttons for it.

This is the syntax:
[img]https://(link to the flag image, as added by our admin)[/img] [iurl=https://(link to wiki)] (text and/or further UBB code) [/iurl]

My signature as an example:
[img]https://www.a7a10.net/forum/flags/at.png[/img] [iurl=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austria][i]Austria[/i][/iurl]

Cheers, Markus
1955 A7 Shooting Star
1956 A10 Golden Flash
1961 Matchless G12 CSR

www.histo-tech.at - Restoration, Repairs, Racing

Austria

Offline RoadRunner

• A's Good Friend
  • Thinking Time
« Reply #8 on: 08.07. 2011 12:15 »
Thanks Markus - just added the UBB code for my country, just need a wee flag adding sometime [SORTED].
After all my web work I've not come across UBB code before - it'll give me sometime to explore this winter if the bikes completed by then unless I get another project???  *smile*

Keep up the good work

RoadRunner

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #9 on: 08.07. 2011 14:18 »
This is excellent. Anyone wants the flag & country, just follow in MG's steps, and if any help is needed, ask here.

To enter your flag: change the *.png
Examples:
Australia: au.png
Gr. Britain: gb.png
France: fr.png

It is difficult to keep some flags apart due to the small size, like New Zealand and Australia, or Italy and Ireland.
Edit: better flags added.

but would it be possible to place an 'Alt' tag on the flag image so when you hover over it it informs you of the country and possibly city
A good possibility, will look into it, but MG's idea does the job for the moment.

Keep up the good work.  I'm proud of the forum, the way it's being conducted and the quality of the members.
Congrats goes to the great members here.

Thanks
e

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
« Reply #10 on: 30.07. 2012 06:56 »
Great instructions, I struggle with this stuff but by tinkering to my profile, now have a NZ flag and moniker *smile*

...nz.png
...wiki/New_Zealand]New Zealand[/iurl]
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #11 on: 30.07. 2012 11:02 »
Actually I'd love to add a flag but honestly can't follow any of the above , it is pure gobble-d-gook to me ,so on behalf of any other twits, like me , ( there must be at least one .... please someone else own up   ) any chance of showing the correct sequence alternatively could either Richard L or Markus pop over to Liverpool to show me ??On reflection  probably not a good idea ,I hate to see grown men cry !! I live in hope of inspiration regards BobH
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #12 on: 30.07. 2012 11:18 »
Topdad, came across your post, you've got the flag. Anyone else needs help, just post in this thread.

Would be nice if the forum software had some built-in flag\country option, but as it is not the case, inserting the code with links is a way of achieving it.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #13 on: 30.07. 2012 12:38 »
So Admin, where's your flag??
 I have to find mine, cheers
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline fido

• Ferdinandovac, Croatia
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #14 on: 30.07. 2012 17:35 »
So Admin, where's your flag??
 I have to find mine, cheers
I think he only uses a flag when he has his A10GF head on. I was going to see if I could change mine from Scotland to Hungary but it seems to have disappeared.