Author Topic: Rocker oil feed  (Read 664 times)

Offline SteveM

• Active
Rocker oil feed
« on: 01.07. 2011 14:33 »
Hi guys,
Since my bike was restored, there is a constant oil weep from the rocker oil feed bajo fittings to the rocker cover.
They seem to be leaking around the small round seal. I tightened the nuts a little but they still leak. I know because it is a hollow nut that you have to be careful not to overtighten them.
Tried to find the torque setting but cannot, does anyone know or recommend the safe torque setting?
Also, if I remove the nuts to try and seal them better, are the correct round seals copper or does anyone recommend the best type of seal and does anyone recommend using any sealer etc on the seal.

Appreciate any info, would like to work on these this weekend.

Cheers
Steve

Offline alanp

• Plymouth, Devon
  • Valued Contributor
Re: Rocker oil feed
« Reply #1 on: 01.07. 2011 15:42 »
Steve, what do you mean by small round seal? The banjo screws go directly onto the rocket feed banjos and there should be a sealing washer under the banjo, usually a fibre washer about 3/4" diameter. Make sure the fibre washer isn't too big in diameter or it may not sit in the machined counterbore in the rocker casting, or too small and doesn't seal against the banjo. I've never had to use sealant in this location.
Alan
Member of the 'Last of the Summer Wine Club - Jennycliff'.

Offline SteveM

• Active
Re: Rocker oil feed
« Reply #2 on: 01.07. 2011 15:50 »
Alan,
Yes I meant under the banjo, the seal on mine could be too large based upon how much of it I can see.
Thanks for info.

Cheers
Steve