Author Topic: A10 tank kneepads  (Read 814 times)

Offline craigb

• Moving Up
A10 tank kneepads
« on: 23.07. 2011 13:29 »
more stupid questions! Is there an easy method to getting the rubbers on to brackets. I am a bit afraid of damaging them on a trial fit today. It seems that one end of the rubber has a split in that 'pocket' the tab goes in, so guessing that goes on last but hard to get a lever or anything in there.

Also it seems to be 1/4 26tpi threads to hold them on, I tried some bolts I had but they clash with the rubber ribs. Does anyone know if that should be some sort of screw instead or should I trim the rib. Maybe grind the head of the bolt?

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: A10 tank kneepads
« Reply #1 on: 23.07. 2011 15:11 »
Hi craigb
I think the small screws could be BA, I have a spare set somewhere, they have a rounded head with screwdriver slot so don't impress on the rubbers

mostly the rubbers themselves are just not the right quality and the split I doubt is to facilitate fitting, more likely just poor rubber.
Mine went on then after a short while they sort of ripple, so leaving gaps along the top and bottom edges.
I did purchase some a while ago advertised as made in England, haven't tried them yet, but will be pleasantly surprised if they are good as hey used to be
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 23.07. 2011 23:45 »
Craig,
            I assume that you are looking for the bracket screws for the pear shaped badge tank.
They are 1/4" 26TPI and in fact are the same screws which hold the gearbox inspection cover in place.

Trev.

Offline craigb

• Moving Up
« Reply #3 on: 24.07. 2011 02:05 »
Beauty, thanks Trev! That will give me a pattern if I grab those and then a trip to classic fasteners should do the trick. Could use the old gbox ones and then replace those visible with new ones.