Author Topic: gearbox.  (Read 3084 times)

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Re: gearbox.
« Reply #15 on: 16.08. 2011 09:33 »
Thanks Adrian, I tried Bill's idea on saturday , only had an 1/2 hr but the selector moved ,could get 1st and neutral easy, but the other 3 were still hit and miss. I've got about 4hours free this SAT so it will be sorted then, either it'll play nice or i'll strip the bloody thing down again and take it from there ,thanks for all the help from everyone and i'll keep you posted, when i sort it Musky and all the others in Oz will hear the shouit!!!! BobH ( or totally demented of Liverpool. )
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #16 on: 22.08. 2011 10:22 »
Morning everyone, has I had planned on Saturday the wife was out getting her feet nibbled by fish??????? but on the plus side I had a day to sort out this 'box. Armed with the info from Bill and Adrian I had the kickstarter of the mainshaft and loosened the inner case pulled it back until the selector dropped and then repositioned with the dot 1 out, tightened up used the screwdriver to check and low and beyond 4 cogs and neutral. Rechecked and still okay, I was like a dog with 2 whatnots, ie extremly happy!!!! the neighbours must have thought there was a banshee in the shed or worse with all the shouts . Anyway end cover on and the gears clicked absolutely cleanly I was made up. I had to make a gasket and that was the longest part to getting all together. After an hour I had it all together oil in and ready to try . She started 2 second kick ,would have been 1st time but for the cloth in the carb!! tried the gears and they moved beautifully very positive ,very light and quiet ,my god it had been knackered before I hadn't realised how bad but it was still working. So I'm very happy and would like to thank everyone for thee thoughts and advice,particularly Bill  and Adrian now just MOT it and then it'll be business as usual, best wishes BobH.
United Kingdom

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 22.08. 2011 10:36 »
Nice one Bob, hopefully I'm off to get an MOT today, just got to make a phone call see if they can do it today
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #18 on: 22.08. 2011 12:24 »
Best of luck Bill , sure it will pass,regards BobH
United Kingdom

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: 22.08. 2011 12:42 »
Thanks BobH, yep just back passed OK, usual queerie regard the headlamp beam, not a lot of difference between high and low ( due I reckon to Mr Goffs halogen/British Pre Focus bulb).
Great day for a run down to Berwick and a natter to the guy who does the MOT, he's more used to scooters and off road stuff so an old classic makes a nice change for him
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #20 on: 22.08. 2011 15:35 »
That's great to hear Bob. So you just have to tilt your head a little when lining up the dots.
 And Bill, good to hear the MOT went well, still a few months of riding weather left for you.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #21 on: 22.08. 2011 16:12 »
Yes ,Musky, I'm chuffed also pleased I took your advice .....and hid the 4lb lump hammer! regards BobH.
United Kingdom