Author Topic: chat  (Read 347 times)

Offline townsends20

• Moving Up
chat
« on: 28.08. 2011 18:34 »
Hi all
                 Still here, just been busy with work and trying to finish the bike  had some good results up to date, I have after a year been able to clam back the original reg no. it was still in the Essex county archives and with all the photos, pencil rubbing's and inspections from the gold-star owners club the dvla gave it there stamp of approval the bike is now finished all bar a few minor details it is now  officially on the books as a 1962 rgs with the original reg no., matching engine and , frame no. And  the 16th  rgs to be despatched from the works. I took it out for the first time last week to get a MOT (passed with flying colours). I must say this, the bike and me have a lot in common as it is the first time it has been ridden for 40 + years and the first time for me in 40 + years since I have been on a bike.( that's what getting married twice! and having five kids does!!) the first 2 miles were the worst after that ( just like ridding a bike!!!!!!!!!!!) still running it in after a complete rebuild but to feel the potential of this old girl frightens me. The MOT was done by S.A.S. Custom Cycles. West Sussex who were very patient with me after cancelling a good few times as it kept raining. That's the up date so far.
                 Steve.
1962 rgs

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lake Conjola NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Re: chat
« Reply #1 on: 28.08. 2011 20:48 »
Good one Steve. It will give you a new lease on life. ENJOY.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR, '76 XT500, '77 AG175 '83 CB1100F, '81 CB900F project.
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7