Author Topic: Replica Tricon Switches cf original  (Read 709 times)

Offline broadway

• Active
Replica Tricon Switches cf original
« on: 22.07. 2012 11:29 »
Bike is still at the back of the garage and need to order some parts soon.

My 1960 Super Rocket has homemade wiring with  seperate horn/dip and kill switches. When  I last looked at  replica tricon switches they weren't very good copies so left it as it was. Trouble is I can't remember what was wrong now, I think the colours and shapes were wrong to start, but there may have been other faults. What are the current versions like compared to the original?
1960 A10 Super Rocket

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Replica Tricon Switches cf original
« Reply #1 on: 22.07. 2012 13:46 »
My recollection of the original is not too great either broadway.
I well remember (will never forget) a dark night getting much darker suddenly when a grub screw let the feed to headlight go, thankfully a full moon shone onto the white line just enough to see it as it danced from one side of me to the other.
On the plus side it was a good straight bit of road, OTOH it was a good straight bit of road and I was young
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline broadway

• Active
« Reply #2 on: 22.07. 2012 17:07 »
 *eek*, Well since I am unlikely to do much night riding, that shouldn't be a problem.

The seperate switches work well so undecided on what to do.

1960 A10 Super Rocket

Offline squidlydit

• Active
« Reply #3 on: 23.07. 2012 16:55 »
Hi Broadway.

The Tricon switches you get nowadays are pretty good, but the wiring colours will not be the same as in the wiring diagram. Simple to change them over though as the switches have screw terminals.

Regards Chris