Author Topic: routing for the oil pipe from the oil tank to the valve covers?  (Read 867 times)

Offline Guy Wilson

• Valued Contributor
Can anyone assist me with a plumbing diagram or photo of the routing for the oil pipe from the oil tank to the valve covers? I have a 1955 swinging arm A10. The pipe I'm trying to refit has been bent right out of shape and offers no clues....
MAny thanks
Guy

Offline iansoady

• Valued Contributor
They seem to vary a lot but I've run mine up the RH frame tube till it disappears under the tank then tucked under the top tube. I had to cut about 3" off the end to get it nice and snug.

A lot of bikes have them flapping about in the breeze. I don't think there's a "proper" route.
Ian.
1962 Golden Flash (arrived)
1955 Velo Viper/Venom (departed)
2004 Triumph Tiger 955i (staying)

Offline Goldy

• Warwickshire, England
  • Resident Legend
Guy. If you do a search on this forum for oil feed pipes started by Shaun on 6.12.2009 you will find some pictures. Regards Goldy
56 A10 Golden Flash - Restore, ride, relive.                                          
56 C12 BSA project ongoing

Offline Guy Wilson

• Valued Contributor
thank you Goldy!
That's exactly what I need,
Guy

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Hi there, here's a pic of mine, not saying it's right but it's neat enough, needs a bend at the tank union back towards the frame.
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco