Author Topic: Still mild Chicago  (Read 614 times)

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Still mild Chicago
« on: 11.01. 2012 21:46 »
Getting more impossiblerer, went for a nice ride again today. Wildly mild weather and temperatures in Chicago today, January 11, at around 50 degrees F, but no golden sunset. Snow starts tonight or early tomorrow, so probably benched until April.

Ricahrd L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Online Seabee

• A's Best Friend
  • 1957 Road Rocket
Re: Still mild Chicago
« Reply #1 on: 12.01. 2012 19:15 »
Richard,

Plenty cold here in southern Illinois today!  Spitting snow and the ground is starting to freeze!  You HAD to say something!  *sad2*

Joe
1961 Super Rocket
1957 Road Rocket
2009 Harley Electra Glide Classic
1993 Harley Springer Softtail
1970 Harley Sportster Chopper
1982 Yamaha XT550
2001 KTM EXC 400
1970 Honda CT70
Southern Illinois, USA

Offline fido

• Zala County, Hungary
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 10.02. 2012 15:52 »
 Try Norway  ;):
   +15°C/59°F
    This is as warm as it gets in Norway, so we'll start here. People in Spain wear winter-coats and gloves. The Norwegians are out in the sun, getting a tan.

+10°C/50°F
    The French are trying in vain to start the central heating. The Norwegians are planting flowers in their gardens.

+5°C/41°F
    Italian cars won't start. The Norwegians are cruising in cabriolets.

0°C/32°F
    The water in Oslo Fjord is getting a little thicker

-5°C/23°F
    People in California almost freeze to death. The Norwegians have their final barbeque before winter.

-10°C/14°F
    The Brits start the heat in their houses. The Norwegians start using long sleeves.

-20°C/-4°F
    The Aussies flee from Mallorca. The Norwegians end their Midsummer celebrations. Autumn is here.

-30°C/-22°F
    People in Greece die from the cold and disappear from the face of the earth. The Norwegians start drying their clothes indoors.

-40°C/-40°F
    Paris start cracking in the cold. The Norwegians stand in line at the hotdog stands.

-50°C/-58°F
    Polar bears start evacuating the North Pole. The Norwegian army postpones their winter survival training awaiting real winter weather.

-70°C/-94°F
    The false Santa moves south. The Norwegian army goes out on winter survival training.

-183°C/-279.4°F
    Microbes in food don't survive. The Norwegian cows complain that the farmers' hands are cold.

-273°C/-459.4°F
    ALL atom-based movement halts. The Norwegians start saying "Faen, it's cold outside today".

-300°C/-508°F
    Hell freezes over. Norway wins the Eurovision Song Contest.

Online WozzA

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Melbourne Australia
« Reply #3 on: 25.02. 2012 07:20 »
39 deg Cel  = 102 deg F here today & I had 5 Mtrs of wood delivered for winter..
I had to wheel barrow it into my wood yard...   
now I'm in meltdown mode & going to kill a couple of beers....   *grins*
'51 Golden Flash Plunger
'57 Golden Flash Swingarm

Melbourne
The biggest lie I tell myself is
"I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it"

Offline melville

• Moving Up
« Reply #4 on: 03.03. 2012 04:56 »
Try Norway  ;):
   +15°C/59°F
    This is as warm as it gets in Norway, so we'll start here. People in Spain wear winter-coats and gloves. The Norwegians are out in the sun, getting a tan.

+10°C/50°F
    The French are trying in vain to start the central heating. The Norwegians are planting flowers in their gardens.

+5°C/41°F
    Italian cars won't start. The Norwegians are cruising in cabriolets.

0°C/32°F
    The water in Oslo Fjord is getting a little thicker

-5°C/23°F
    People in California almost freeze to death. The Norwegians have their final barbeque before winter.

-10°C/14°F
    The Brits start the heat in their houses. The Norwegians start using long sleeves.

-20°C/-4°F
    The Aussies flee from Mallorca. The Norwegians end their Midsummer celebrations. Autumn is here.

-30°C/-22°F
    People in Greece die from the cold and disappear from the face of the earth. The Norwegians start drying their clothes indoors.

-40°C/-40°F
    Paris start cracking in the cold. The Norwegians stand in line at the hotdog stands.

-50°C/-58°F
    Polar bears start evacuating the North Pole. The Norwegian army postpones their winter survival training awaiting real winter weather.

-70°C/-94°F
    The false Santa moves south. The Norwegian army goes out on winter survival training.

-183°C/-279.4°F
    Microbes in food don't survive. The Norwegian cows complain that the farmers' hands are cold.

-273°C/-459.4°F
    ALL atom-based movement halts. The Norwegians start saying "Faen, it's cold outside today".

-300°C/-508°F
    Hell freezes over. Norway wins the Eurovision Song Contest.

*smile* *smile* *smile* *smile*  Love it!  We from New Hampshire useta say similar stuff about the flatlandahs!

Very happy to be a Californian these days, though.

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lake Conjola NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #5 on: 03.03. 2012 06:31 »
Starting to grow skin between my fingers & toes and fitting floatation outriggers on the BSA's. Don't remember what a blue sky and sun look like, only seen both together once or twice since xmas. Warragamba dam just spilled for the first time in 14 years.
QUACK, QUACK!!!
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR, '76 XT500, '77 AG175 '83 CB1100F, '81 CB900F project.
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7