Author Topic: crash bars  (Read 1780 times)

Offline chilblayth

• Moving Up
crash bars
« on: 05.02. 2012 16:58 »
hi can anyone tell me the difference between the genuine BSA   front and rear crash bars  and the BRITAX  universal type ?  if i remember the rear ones used to get in the way of the kickstart  as it travelled down !
 though werent there 2 types ?  one type  incorporated  the rear footrest and the other came right across and could be attached to the pillion hanger or by a bracket ?     *conf*

Offline LJ.

• Peterborough UK.
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • The Red A10!
    • LJ's Website!
Re: crash bars
« Reply #1 on: 05.02. 2012 17:34 »
Obviously the proper BSA ones are best but hard to find, they do occasionally come up on ebay but not very often. I have seen them and they don't seem to attract much of a price. My BSA ones are as you can see fitted to bike. The Britax ones are in the next photo and were not so good, my pillion passenger complained of them being in the way. I had to make up a bar to extend down to the pillion foot rest hole in frame, picture explains better than I can. I'm not sure of the front bars and not entirely sure what I have.
Ride Safely Lads! LJ.
1940 BSA M20 500cc Girder/Rigid- (SOLD)
1947 BSA M21 600cc Girder/Rigid-Green
1949 BSA A7   500cc Girder/Plunger Star Twin-(SOLD)
1953 BSA B33  500cc Teles/Plunger-Maroon
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Blue
1961 BSA A10  650cc Golden Flash-Red

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #2 on: 06.02. 2012 16:33 »
Hi don't know if this is of help but a friends friend came out to try a pair of rear crash bars against my A10 ,he was going to put them into production and from my quick look were very well put together. They connected to the pillion rest so cleared the kickstarteasy. I could find details if required? please just let me know regards BobH
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline chilblayth

• Moving Up
« Reply #3 on: 07.02. 2012 21:39 »
hi  thanks chaps    *smile*   if you could find out  more that would be great !!     probably sells em on ebay?  ,maybe put a link up or summat   *smiley4*   Only fronts i`ve seen where in the states ebay ,   (prohibitive postage) *sad2*

cheers