Author Topic: Re-registered bike  (Read 1980 times)

Online sprint

• Valued Contributor
Re: Re-registered bike
« Reply #15 on: 16.03. 2012 17:05 »
The bike in question sounds priced at about double what it is worth; by the time you've cleaned up various and then gone through a recommission period and the relating repairs and fixes. I'd expect something restored, pristine and the bugs shaken out for that money.

Your feelings and comments are very much the same as my own.

Found a 60 SR today which is with a local dealer and thought it might one to go for but no price was advertised.

However, on ringing up to enquire about it his first comment before any detail on the bike was discussed was that the reg No alone is worth £2K and then when we finally got around to the asking price for the bike it was £7K!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would seem that since he values the reg No at £2K he has simply added that value to the bike which in reality should be valued between £5 to £5.5K?

So it seems now that if you go for a bike which has an original reg that you have to pay an additional premium for that as well?

Online sprint

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #16 on: 16.03. 2012 17:13 »
Hi there. If you type the following numbers into ebay you will see what 2 dealers are asking for "Super Rockets" Both bikes are nowhere near original but you can compare with what you have seen, the first one the dealer does not know if it is a Super Rocket or Road Rocket,Road Rockets 1954-57 and Super Rockets 1958-63. 330667467526     110838643547.

Thanks.

I have previously come across both these bikes on the various web searches I have done.

Neither appeal to me as I am looking for an original style Super Rocket though they do give an indication of what prices dealers are asking.

Offline DazSeaton

• Nottingham, England
  • A's Best Friend
  • 1959 BitSA Super Rocket
« Reply #17 on: 20.03. 2012 18:21 »
How much do you think the value of a Super Rocket would/should be affect if it has been re-registered?

Dealer is asking £7K for a 62, which is not in perfect condition and has stood for some time, but it looks like the original reg has either been sold or transferred and as a result it has been re-registered in 94 with age related No's though now with the letters first instead of the original numbers first.

To me £7K seems high in the first case for a SR  but for one that has also been re-registered it seems difficult to justify and must surely have some significant impact on it value?

I bought my good condition 69 super rocket privately (non matching nos) last December for three grand. Converted to 12v, primary belt drive etc etc. That seems extremely high, but then that what you expect from a dealer.
If you don't start, I'm going to give you a damn good thrashing!!!

1959 BSA Super Rocket 650
2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250 SA

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #18 on: 22.03. 2012 13:01 »
Hi Sprint, whereabouts are you based? If you're in th UK have you thought about finding a branch of the BSAOC there members often know about bikes well before they get onto the openmarket ,just a thought need to know where they are just PM me and I'll give you details Regards Bob H
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Online sprint

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #19 on: 22.03. 2012 17:07 »
Hi Sprint, whereabouts are you based? If you're in th UK have you thought about finding a branch of the BSAOC there members often know about bikes well before they get onto the openmarket ,just a thought need to know where they are just PM me and I'll give you details Regards Bob H

PM sent