Author Topic: Idea,s on suitable mudguards for 1960 Super Rocket  (Read 1019 times)

Online Billybream

• Resident Legend
Hi.
Well on with my total refurbishment of my Super Rocket, most items now sorted, all metal parts painted, new s/steel exhaust system, wheels rebuilt with s/steel rims, engine reassembly commenced. Been down the original deep valanced mudguard route, cost of bespoke replacement is out of my budget, looking for suitable mudguards to reuse original stays and brackets in bare metal for paint finish as tank. Looked @ RGS version,s, but would like deeper type of mudguard style.
Any help would be much appreciated.
1960 Super Rocket, owned since 1966, back on the road 2012 after being laid up for 29yrs.

Offline Goldy

• Warwickshire, England
  • Resident Legend
Re: Idea,s on suitable mudguards for 1960 Super Rocket
« Reply #1 on: 23.03. 2012 13:51 »
Have a word with these people     http://www.auto-cycle.co.uk/#mud
56 A10 Golden Flash - Restore, ride, relive.                                          
56 C12 BSA project ongoing

Online Billybream

• Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 23.03. 2012 19:36 »
Hi Goldy.
Thanks but already spoke to them today, seems very busy, so sending them an E.Mail with my idea,s.
1960 Super Rocket, owned since 1966, back on the road 2012 after being laid up for 29yrs.

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
« Reply #3 on: 10.04. 2012 04:17 »
given the '60 on super rockets dont have the front stay on the fork slider unlike the RGS which does, am interested in what you decide on. Pictures please once you make progress.
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Offline kiwipom

• Resident Legend
« Reply #4 on: 10.04. 2012 06:12 »
hi guys, my answer to the lack of lug for front stay was to make a bracket to fit on the legs, i also made the front stays out of stainless tube, quite easy dont know why they are so expensive,cheers
A10.G.Flash(cafe racer)Honda 250 vtr. Yamaha Virago XV920.

War! what is it good for?Absolutely nothing, Edwin Star.
NewZealand

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
« Reply #5 on: 11.04. 2012 00:27 »
thats a nice idea as you're not modifying a standard part. I havent worked out what I will do but was pondering brazing on an additional lug, swapping the sliders or even wondered what a rickman type mudguard might look like. has anyone tried one?
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand