Author Topic: Where to get wheel parts  (Read 1794 times)

Offline bonny

• Valued Contributor
Re: Where to get wheel parts
« Reply #15 on: 03.04. 2012 20:22 »
Does anyone know if the rims for the cast iron hubs are the same as the rims for the ariel hubs , its the ariel hubs i have.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Where to get wheel parts
« Reply #16 on: 06.04. 2012 10:32 »
Heya Bonny,
           Tell the supplier what hub you want to lace it to, as the dimple drill holes are REALLY important, as to what angle they're drilled at, and also if the hubs are different (dia.) one side to the other, you need to lace them the correct side for the angles . I expect they'll be WM2(?) 1.85" between beads (from memory), but you could maybe go WM3, 2.15"(again from memory) if you want, but talk to the wheel guys, they should know.

good luck ,duTch

BTW  I went Stainless from CWC, partly 'cos, I don't want to be stuffed with re-chroming,(new SS rim was cheaper) and from CWC(who at least are in Birmingham?) I think the shipping to Oz on top was a bit cheaper , and so long as it's round and shiny, I care
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia