Author Topic: THANK YOU ALL !!  (Read 11322 times)

Offline bikemadinspain

• A's Good Friend
  • HOW IT ARRIVED ON DAY ONE
Re: THANK YOU ALL !!
« Reply #15 on: 07.01. 2013 20:41 »
Personally I am glad eveybody on the sight is in this warm and cuddly mood of love and stuff, beacuse after 2 years of playing with boxes of bike parts in my garage, this year I am going to assemble it after 36 years of languishing in a wet back garden in England. So everybody please be prepared for me asking lots and lots of god silly questions in the near future.

Thanking in anticipation
bike mad in Spain

Offline A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
« Reply #16 on: 10.04. 2013 15:54 »
Bike mad in Spain, bring on the questions. You may find most of the questions & answers already on here.

Regards Colin

Offline Joolstacho

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 24.04. 2013 09:36 »
And, I can't resist adding... there's another forum which is much like this one, - crammed full good blokes... help, humour, enormous expertise and the willingness to share it, plus a great feeling of mateship.

http://australiancx.asn.au/forum/

You might not have (or want) a CX, but these forums are a testament to what's good about motorcyclists.

Offline Ethelred

• A's Good Friend
  • Northants, UK
Thank you all
« Reply #18 on: 04.07. 2013 18:43 »
This forum is such a useful resource for folk like me who are new to these bikes.
Today it solved how to get the dynamo drive pulley off, which way round to connect the armoured brake pipes and previously loads of help with getting the tuning right, the wheels aligned, the brakes sorted etc etc.
It's usually achieved by the search function, posts by people years ago sometimes.
Suspension upgrade next and TopDad and GrayBeard have already answered all the questions before even being asked.
So thank you Muskie, Triton Trasher, BSA-Bill and all the other unsung heroes on this forum.
'59 A10

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Thank you all
« Reply #19 on: 04.07. 2013 19:16 »
 *smile*
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Online Triton Thrasher

• Scotland
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #20 on: 04.07. 2013 19:17 »
I think I must have something in my eye.

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #21 on: 04.07. 2013 21:48 »
Tis our pleasure. Wish all this was around 30 odd years ago when I was scratching my head.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #22 on: 04.07. 2013 23:28 »
Adm edit: some posts merged with the original 'THANK YOU' topic.

This forum is such a useful resource
Wish all this was around 30 odd years ago
Thanks for the comments, that's why it was created! Always nice to read it fulfills it's mission.

Keep the good posts coming, remember there are far more guest readers than members, so the topics here are probably helping lots more A7\A10 owners than what we know about.
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Offline mechanicaljim

• Active
« Reply #23 on: 20.07. 2013 16:55 »
  I like this site, and the people on it. I have trouble understanding the system and how it works. I believe its because im not use to the wording/language. The layout of the site is like nothing Im use to. If I should be giving karma, I dont know how so dont be offended for I dont know how I got this far already. I must say everyone here is nice and the bikes you all have put mine to shame me. I'm glad to be apart of the forum, wish I had some extra guidance
              thanks to all
          mechanicaljim

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #24 on: 20.07. 2013 17:57 »
We stay nice mechanicaljim because more nice people keep joining, such as yourself

to give Karma - look under the word Karma you will see slightly fainter the words "give appreciation" click on those words.

As to your bike - it's yours and you get it to what you want (with forum help if needed)  far too many views on bikes to ever hope for everyone to agree on what is right, there is no one style that's right what is most important is that we encourage everyone to get to what they want as right.

yes lots of nooks and crannies on this site - all for a good purpose, I sometimes miss stuff myself, just keep exploring you'll get it sussed
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline pedrochapala

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #25 on: 20.07. 2013 18:09 »
  I like this site, and the people on it. I have trouble understanding the system and how it works. I believe its because im not use to the wording/language. The layout of the site is like nothing Im use to. If I should be giving karma, I dont know how so dont be offended for I dont know how I got this far already. I must say everyone here is nice and the bikes you all have put mine to shame me. I'm glad to be apart of the forum, wish I had some extra guidance
              thanks to all
          mechanicaljim
if that's yer bike in yer avatar, it looks damn good! how about some pics fer us to look at?

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #26 on: 20.07. 2013 19:04 »
mechanicaljim wrote
I must say everyone here is nice
Thanks, on behalf of the members here.

Regarding the practical use of the forum, lots of info available in http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?board=15.0

"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Offline Jules

• Valued Contributor
  • 1956 A10 s/arm Golden Flash
« Reply #27 on: 26.07. 2013 14:28 »
what a great post this is! truly amazing responses from all over and really exposes the people that use it as HELPFUL! a wonderful thing to find these days indeed - great job, well done to all you "old timers" that have been supporting us "newbies" when we keep popping up with all these age old problems, that were probably in reality, just how BSA made them in the first place!
 *beer*  cheers !
 *yeah* *yeah* *yeah*

Offline AndyDenmark

• Moving Up
« Reply #28 on: 22.07. 2014 16:14 »
It is a great forum and the one thing I really like is the lack of sarky comments ang general p**s taking when the less experienced members like me ask a question that on reflection and using the search engine almost answers itself....keep up the good work :)

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
« Reply #29 on: 22.07. 2014 22:33 »
Thanks for the friendly words and the compliments to the forum and members.

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"