Author Topic: Rubber sleeves for front / mudguard , under chaincase , tank , etc ?  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Stephen Foster

• Resident Legend
Im at the stage of seeking the above for My 1955 /56 Swinging Arm "Golden Flash" ..wonder if Anyone has had any success tracing these , if so where please ?

These were fitted in the above areas & behind oil tank , etc ?

Steve ...
I own a 1955/56 B.S.A Swinging Arm "Golden Flash" , had it since 1976 .

Offline Stephen Foster

• Resident Legend
Surprised No-One has ever obtained & fitted these ?

Offline Jules

• Valued Contributor
  • 1956 A10 s/arm Golden Flash
Hello Steve, not sure what rubber sleeves you mean but I bought some rubber isolators that fit between the mudguard and the mudguard support brackets from the usual UK suppliers just last year. If thats what you are looking for I can tell you what I got and where from (need to go and find the dockets first though *smile*) but I remember that I had to be careful about which ones because there are thick and thin versions..........

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Hmmm?  Didn't realize there were supposed to be  insulators under the mudguard support bridges because my '55 carries a later mudguard which had welded-on bridges.  I would think strips cut from an old innertube would be about right.  For under the fuel tank and behind the oil tank I use 1/4" neoprene foam which came to me free as acoustic isolation material samples. I don't believe you will find these rubber pieces for the tanks as available parts from any of the houses that I've seen or dealt with.  Hopefully,  someone will chime in to prove me wrong.

Richard L.

Offline Stephen Foster

• Resident Legend
Thanks for the replies .. "Jules" , they are the ones Im looking for !
Also trying to find the one encircling driveside footrest spigot (insulating it from the fully enclosed chainguard) .

Any help gratefuly received ,

Steve ....

Offline Goldy

• Warwickshire, England
  • Resident Legend
George Prew supplies the under tank pads http://www.goldstar-rgs-gp.co.uk/
56 A10 Golden Flash - Restore, ride, relive.                                          
56 C12 BSA project ongoing

Offline Stephen Foster

• Resident Legend
Thanks "Goldy" , Ill work on that !!

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Goldy,

Thanks for the link to George Prew. what  great place he's got. It will make for a fun day trip from London next time I'm over.

Richard L.

Offline Goldy

• Warwickshire, England
  • Resident Legend
Yes he is obviously a Gold Star supplier, but of course there are parts that are same as A7 A10 and I have had some bits and pieces from him All the best Goldy
56 A10 Golden Flash - Restore, ride, relive.                                          
56 C12 BSA project ongoing

Offline Jules

• Valued Contributor
  • 1956 A10 s/arm Golden Flash
Hi Stephen, apologies for the delay but I had to find my receipts etc. I actually did a spreadsheet on parts and suppliers when I was looking for a series of parts last year and ended up using a few different UK ones for different bits. I only managed to get the rear guard rubber mounts and I purchased them from Lyford Classics, Pat was extremely helpful too. I noted that C&D autos had them too and they also were extremely helpful on the other parts I purchased, the price was similar (about 2.30 GBP each). The thing to watch out for though is that there are thick ones and thin ones out there, my 1956 s/a uses thick ones but I noted that Dragonfly had the thin ones back then, price similar. Hope this helps and its not too late  *sad2*, cheers

Offline Stephen Foster

• Resident Legend
Thanks "Jules" , managed to locate or improvise , except for the front mudguard bridge rubber ?
Goint to try cutting a section from a cycle inner tube .

Regards,
Steve ...