Author Topic: TLS brake bits  (Read 1484 times)

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
TLS brake bits
« on: 12.07. 2008 09:01 »
Hi folks - my Rocket Gold Flash project proceeds at a leisurely pace, I am in the middle of two weeks holiday seems like last week was spent spending money on bits for the bike and overcoming a couple of glitches during assembly , hopefully next week will see more progress.
I need some help locating lever arms and rods that are on the TLS brake I have for the front wheel, someone ( one of the major firms I think) used to advertise stainless replacements for these, there are three different versions.
Can any of you remember who it was that sold them?

All the best  - Bill
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline Chrisf1

• A's Good Friend
Re: TLS brake bits
« Reply #1 on: 17.07. 2008 10:55 »
Hi Bill I bought a complete set of stainless linkage and levers from Tri-Cor England last year I do not know where you are but I believe they deal in the states as well best of luck Chris

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 17.07. 2008 11:20 »
Thanks Chris - I have been in touch with Tri Cor and although they are out of stock at the moment they expect to have them in in a week or two, did you have to anything much to the tls to get it to fit, looks like I need to make thin spacer for the anchor block on the fork and a bit of the brake shoe may protrude the hub unless I get them machined down a bit

Thanks again Bill
All the best - Bill
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline Chrisf1

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #3 on: 17.07. 2008 11:26 »
Hi Bill I built up the lugs on the plate with an alloy weld and then had it all polished so you cant see it, everything else married up perfectly Chris

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 17.07. 2008 11:46 »
ah a bit of lateral thinking, might try that

All the best - Bill
All the best - Bill