Author Topic: HELLO AGAIN AND SOME QUESTIONS on ENGINE MOUNT AND CARBY  (Read 1562 times)

Offline brissy_bsa

• Moving Up
  • A new 1951 A10 Golden Flash owner
Hello all, It has been some time (12 months) since I have been online. I'm back for good this time. Some of you may recall that I am rstoring an A10 Plunger 1951 basketcase. Well, its been alot of fun (and heartache) however the frame is now finished and I am ready to install the engine into the frame, a few connections and then finally that first kick! My question to you concerns the bottom engine mounting. Can anyone help me. The frame is split at the bottom. I need to know whether there are metal spacers that slide between the split frame and then a bolt slides through the lot? If that is the case, can anyone give me the correct measurements of both the spacers and the bolts? A long winded question. Also I have a complete amal monobloc carby which I have been told is in good order and worth reconditioning. Is there anyone in australia that can suggest a local to do the job? Thanks, and as soon as the motor is in, I shall post some pics, Regards Ian

Offline a10 gf

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Hello, and welcome back, here is a frame parts scan, bolt 13, 67-1251, (part 14 + 63 are for sidecar use). If you do not have the original bolt, it should be easy to make one. There should be no need for any spacers between engine\frame, but if you feel the downpipes would line up better by adding some washers between them and frame, this should be no problem (if the trough bolt is long enough to accomodate it all).

Good luck, looking forward to pictures.
e

Stand with
A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline brissy_bsa

• Moving Up
  • A new 1951 A10 Golden Flash owner
thanking you so much. Could I be a right pain and ask for a dia of that bolt? Ian

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Ian,

When you first posted your question, I did some research and had an answer penned when my laptop battery died. Anyway, the 67-1251 stud is 3/8x26x?. The stud for sidecar use is 3/8x26x7-7/8. Looking at

http://www.britishcycle.com/HTMLFORSITE.htm

they say to use 70-3812 in place of 67-6275 (the sidecar stud). Looking at

http://www.burtonbikebits.net/TRIStock.pdf

one gets the dimensions for 70-3812 (also available at www.domiracer.com, but they say 8" long.) My search was unable to turn up information or availability for a 67-1251. I suppose someone knows the length (maybe, Erling, a10gf) or could measure it from his bike. My bike is a swing-arm as shown at

http://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?topic=166.0

and was also a basket-case that started in very bad shape.

Richard

P.S. regarding searching Domiracer, you need to go to the Online Store first and leave out punctuation in the six-digit part numbers.

Offline trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Hi Ian, for a good job on your carby, Allan Graham at Douglas Park, south of Sydney does really good work at a reasonable cost. As soon as I find his details I will let you know.
    Trev.