Author Topic: bike history of ownership?  (Read 515 times)

Offline pedrochapala

• A's Best Friend
bike history of ownership?
« on: 08.05. 2012 21:58 »
my engine # is ba10 2843. where on the frame is that #? my registration # in alberta canada is listed as a7s 4607. i must have got this off the frame but i can't remember.
is there a method for tracking all the owners? in other words the provenance of the bike.
gracias

Offline beezermacc

• Resident Legend
  • Not for the purist!
    • Priory Magnetos Ltd.
Re: bike history of ownership?
« Reply #1 on: 08.05. 2012 23:15 »
Frame no. should be on the headstock casting, usually on the left hand side just above where the frame tube is brazed in, or on the front of the headstock. Provenance in the UK can be found if the previous owners have retained the old registration documents and passed them on with the bike. Not sure what the system is in Canada. Your frame no. should probably be BA7S etc.
Priory Magnetos Ltd - A10 spares, magneto and dynamo refurbs. www.priorymagnetos.co.uk

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #2 on: 10.05. 2012 17:16 »
If you want it's delievery details ie when it was dispatched from the factory ,where to etc contact the BSAOC in England  and for a small charge they will supply the details ,it's about £5gb don't know what that is in mexican regards Bob
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline pedrochapala

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #3 on: 10.05. 2012 22:09 »
i believe my frame # tells the date of manufacture so delivery is not important but it sure would be nice to know all the hands it went through. i usually managed that info with the important antique pieces i sold when i was in the business. remember the show "lovejoy" who drove a morris minor ?  i was the canadian version