Author Topic: Re: bike got harder to start each time, now wont start :( part 2  (Read 3511 times)

Offline bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
Well done Chicago but true test will be if it starts again after a good run - hopefully yes
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline chicago

• Valued Contributor
  • North west manchester,
Well done Chicago but true test will be if it starts again after a good run - hopefully yes
hi there bsa bill, might be a while before i get to take it for a long run though as dvla messed my motorcycle entitlement up with the upshot being i now have to re-take my bike test. it definatley starts really easy now though so fingers crossed it should be ok with a bit of luck. cheers for your help my friend, take care and all the best, chicago
Preferred location: somewhere warm and dry.
Bike: 1953 plunger Longstroke engine.

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Hiya Chicar-gogo,an' Yabikegogotoo,
                    Good stuff, big thing to remember is -> it's just a bunch of nuts and bolts and stuff for you to play with, don't be scared of it. It's not hard to pull apart and reassemble, but you do need to be diligent with how and where bits come from(obviously), 'specially bits with variable settings take notes if need be. A big advantage these days is that we have technology available like you can easily take a photo of something before dis-assembly if in doubt of correct re-assembly, especially as often components look same each side but one side may have a very subtle 'offset',which can make a massive difference. If you pull something apart, check it out and take measurements or use markings? 
 Before you do a re-test try again to have yours reinstated, surely not everyone there is a complete knobhead and you may just get lucky(the eternal optimist), and Bill can save the carbide for another day!!

If I listened to my own advice, I'd either be really smart or really dangerous- Good luck, I got some *sleepy* to tend to,cheers duTch
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline chicago

• Valued Contributor
  • North west manchester,
hi there dutch, "Hiya Chicar-gogo,an' Yabikegogotoo" *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol* cool *smile* cheers for the good advice my friend, ive been stung once before when doing something and going to put it back together and sudenly thinking now which way round did this go and did the brass washer go on before the metal one ?.

re- the bike test, will do fella, theres nothing i would love more than the dvla to say ok sir we'll reinstate your entitlement, because the thought of a re-test scares me, dont get me wrong i think i should pass it but ive been practicing the new hazard perception bit of the "theory test" with a disc i bought and it is utterly stupid and doesnt react properly to when you click the mouse when you see a danger ahead. i did see all the dangers but the stupid disc keeps saying 2 out of 5 or 3 out of 5. so for that part of the test i will be sh*ting bricks.

"surely not everyone there is a complete knobhead". to be fair to the dvla i have dealt with them a number of times in the past and they have always been very polite and very helpfull, but on this occasion i was met with total arrogance by the young girl who first dealt with me. and a total lack of taking responsability for there mistake.
i kept on trying to explain the situation to this young lady but she repeatedly and endlessly kept on interupting me before i had a chance to explain, (i'm sure she was doing it on purpose *angry*) and she kept saying "yes sir but i dont understand" while in my head i was saying " well maybe if you shut your stupid f'ing mouth and gave your brain a chance you might have a chance of understanding it you stupid f'ing dumbo  *angry* *angry* *angry*" and then i was passed on to another dvla jobbie who was slightly better (but only slightly) so in the end i couldnt take it any more and left before i went completely mad. so when you say "surely not everyone there is a complete knobhead" im sorry my friend but on this occasion i think they all are.

take it easy dutch, all the best, chicago
Preferred location: somewhere warm and dry.
Bike: 1953 plunger Longstroke engine.