Author Topic: What frame is GA9230?  (Read 3124 times)

Offline trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: What frame is GA9230?
« Reply #15 on: 12.04. 2011 22:29 »
Thanks for the picture, Brian.
My T65 could well be in there.
Where did you find this image?

Trev.

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
« Reply #16 on: 13.04. 2011 03:42 »
Trev I found it on the Trove newspapers images site, I went back to find it so I could add a link for you but now I cant find the same image. Found this one of a couple more A10's though.

Offline craigb

• Moving Up
« Reply #17 on: 13.04. 2011 08:49 »
I saw that first image Brian on the SA police historical society newsletter that I found via google putting SA Police BSA A10.
http://www.sapolicehistory.org/March10.html

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
« Reply #18 on: 13.04. 2011 09:07 »
So thats where I saw it, I think KRAFT disease is setting in.

Offline craigb

• Moving Up
« Reply #19 on: 28.04. 2011 16:19 »
someone got back to me from the police historical society and went down there last Thursday. Was great to spend some time with two retired bike cops, one started in '58 and the other in '62 and both spent a lot of hours on A10s. Was great hearing some stories eg. they were under strict instructions to not ride at high speed for long periods because they would nip up. then the other guy said that he would carry his own personal supply of upper cylinder lube and dose the petrol up when he would head to Adelaide from the riverland where he was based. The only point of confusion was that mine had the same frames for the leather saddlebags that the very original A65 that was there and standard equipment for any solo A10 or 65, but if the sidecar was the original then outfits didn't have them. Still, a lot of years have passed. They all also had single seats on them, but lots got replaced with tandem when the got sold, but might explain the unusual shaped one on mine. They said that each station would have one outfit that was used mainly for delivering summons etc. and these were replaced with a bulk buy of Holden HD utes in about 67 - a large batch was bought cheaply when Holdens had a glut of leftovers that didn't sell when the more popular HR was released. But certainly they were Dusting sidecars that right down to markings looks like what is on mine.