Author Topic: front end overhaul  (Read 2106 times)

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Re: front end overhaul
« Reply #15 on: 22.09. 2012 10:34 »
Finally stopped raining long enough to get the bike out of the garage and see what she looks like in daylight . Well in truth a few issues with one fork shroud seems the paint took a different shade on the join of one of the ears but otherwise quite pleased particularly when I think that she should be good to next year so just got to bounce the front forks a few times to line everything up and tighten everything and the "show may be back on the road" well to the mot station at least .Here are a couple of pictures to show the end result regards Bobh
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #16 on: 22.09. 2012 10:35 »
and another one just for luck ,sorry showing off now that I can attach pictures BobH
United Kingdom

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #17 on: 06.10. 2012 20:12 »
just about finished looks ok ,not my best but better than rust !,  would'nt you believe it , decided to try for a  trial run to check out everything was ok especially as it was nice weather for the first time in weeks, put the footrests on but couldn't get them to set properly the off side just kept slipping on the fixing spline took it apart and the bloody things loose .Only thing i can think of is when I dropped her about 18 mths ago it went that side and now there is a noticeable movement  in the spline and footrest, dam and blast these things have gone bloody expensive in the last months . I'm thinking of welding it ,what do you think would that take the weight ,short term?  any ideas gratefully received as always ,BobH.
United Kingdom

Online Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
« Reply #18 on: 06.10. 2012 20:16 »
oh heres a picture taken before I'd found out about the footrests BobH
United Kingdom