Author Topic: please say a prayer on tuesday the 14th at around 1:00-2:00pm  (Read 1177 times)

Offline chicago

• Valued Contributor
  • North west manchester,
hi all. went for my mod 1 part of my bike test three weeks ago and ...........FAILED *sad2* *problem* *cry*.
well to cut a long long story short, passed full bike test in 1992. bought a bsa about 4 months ago, have to retake my test as dvla say they didnt recieve my slip of competence back in 92 and altough still on their computer as passed they wont give it back fussing idiots (sounds like fussing but has a ck in it and no S's).
so i have now re-booked the mod1 for tuesday the 14th, so please if you read this please feel pitty and actually say a prayer for me. dont forget this tuesday the 14th @ around 1pm-2pm  ;). all the best, chicago.
Preferred location: somewhere warm and dry.
Bike: 1953 plunger Longstroke engine.

Offline Cider1

• Moving Up
    • Listen to Out of the Blue
Good luck.  wink2

Offline a10gf

• Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
All will be well (I hope), good luck.

A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Chicagogo,
            Mate I don't do those,p-ayer things, but'll have a stubbie or two...if that's any help!! good luck!! When I went for mine on the second lap in '76 was half full of relaxation and passed no worries, but things are different now!!

cheers duTch
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Hope things went well ,best wishes BobH.
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline chicago

• Valued Contributor
  • North west manchester,
passed   *contract**smile* *smile* *smile* *smile* *smile* *smile* *lol* *beer* *beer* *yeah*
cheers for the words of encouragement fella's, nice to know i had people wishing me well. hey dutch the smoke from those  stubbie's must have traveled and found me because i sudenly found a moment of calm when i was taking my test, and i had a massive appetite after ;).
the test guy said it was a excellent pass with no 0 faults. my instructor was in shock as he'd seen my last atempt at the mod 1. all the best fella's, chicago

Offline a10gf

• Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Great news, congrats   *smile*

A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a much more difficult task"

Offline Cider1

• Moving Up
    • Listen to Out of the Blue
Well done.  *beer*

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
well done that toddlin town (Mr Sinatra)
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Congrats Chicargo, that 'smoke', is good honest steam, produced from the very cold celebratory bevvy stubbs coming in contact with hot air from consumer....:<)
   I hope they don't lose your paperwork this time, might pay to get everything in quadruplicate?? Otherwise imagine what we'll have to endure...:<)
 Now all you have to do is put the scooter back together??
 Cheers, dutch

Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Pardon me, may I kindly ask what an "MOD1" is and why it is so challenging as to require diefic intercession? On the assumption that it is an unholy nightmare to pass, congratulations.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Offline chicago

• Valued Contributor
  • North west manchester,
cheers fella's. sorry dutch, i got the wrong end of the stick, i thought stubbies were the austrailian equivalent of what we in england call blunts (herbal cigerette).

"I hope they don't lose your paperwork this time, might pay to get everything in quadruplicate?? Otherwise imagine what we'll have to endure...:<)"

and me as i really dont fancy having to go thru all the tests again,

"Pardon me, may I kindly ask what an "MOD1" is and why it is so challenging as to require diefic intercession? On the assumption that it is an unholy nightmare to pass, congratulations."

hi there manosound. cheer's fella, here in england the mod 1 test (modular 1) is one of the new driving standards agency test that you have to take to pass your bike driving licence.
1st you have to pass a theory test.... (hazzard perception & highway code test)
2nd you have to pass your c.b.t test (compusary basic training)
3rd you have to pass your modular 1 test.(motorcycle/high speed manoeuvres) 5 minor fautls = fail
4th you have to pass you modular 2 test. (on road for 40 minutes with inspector)10 minor faults = fail (my next test)
with the mod 1 and mod 2 tests you have a choice of either a1 licence test (ride any bike but harder to pass)
and a2 licence test (you can only ride a bike of upto 125cc or 33bhp but after 2 years you are unristricted).
all the best, chicago
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/LearnerAndNewDrivers/PracticalTest/DG_178328

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Good grief!

Illinois:

1.  Take easy theory test at motor-vehicle department.
2.  Attend and pass a certified motorcycle riding school, offered free through local colleges or for profit from certified schools. Free is what I did and it was easy and somewhat fun (coed, and all that). http://www.outreach.niu.edu/mcycle/brc.shtml

or,

Road test by motor-vehicle department, where, I think, they just watch you ride around a course in a parking lot.

That's it.

BTW, no helmet law for adults in Illinois, though I do wear mine.

Richard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Offline iansoady

• Valued Contributor
Hmmmm.

A quick look at wikipedia and references tells me that (for 2007, the latest year I can find figures for) there were 5,154 motorcyclists killed in the USA as against 588 in the UK. Given our respective populations, maybe rigorous training is a good thing?

I'll get me belstaff........
Ian.
1962 Golden Flash (arrived)
1955 Velo Viper/Venom (departed)
2004 Triumph Tiger 955i (staying)

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
By my calcs, that's about 1.75 the per capita fatality rate (I'm sure it's worse for Illinois) for 16x the miles of paved roads (US vs UK). By this, I'm thinking the average miles ridden per biker in the U.S. may offset the 1.75 per capita number. In other words, "more useless information than you can shake a stick at."

Richard L.