Author Topic: please say a prayer on tuesday the 14th at around 1:00-2:00pm  (Read 1176 times)

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Yo Chicargo, I thought after I posted that it'd come out (a bit) wrong, never been a fag sucker though anyway.
 A stubbie is a half size bevvy bottle (375ml).
 Glad I don't have to do a bike test there!!!!

cheers for now
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline A10Boy

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Solihull, Near Birmingham England.
On the subject of MC rider fatalities, you can have all the training in the world but that stop you hitting the side of some car, whos idiot driver pulls out in front of you after watching you coming closer and closer.

Only last week, I was riding on a dual carriageway, I saw a car waiting to pull into traffic from a side road, as I got to about 20 yards, the woman just drove out like I wasn't there! I was riding my Z1 [lucky for me] or I wouldn't have avoided the rear end. And yes I did have my lovely 12 volt hallogen headlight lit as brightly as Mr Kawasaki intended. She was totally oblivious to the world.

On the subject of MC tests, I did mine here in the UK in 1976. In those days, you went to the testing station, answered a few basic Highway code questions, then went for a ride. The tester stood on a corner, I went past him did three left turns and by him again. I repeated that for the emergency stop and that was it. I spent most of the time out of his sight, and as long as you didn't fall off you passed. Having said that, after all my years of experience and also being a car driver, I consider myself to be a far more competent motorist than most of the idiot car drivers out there.

I say all car drivers should spend a year on a small bike or scooter before they can take their test, then they would understand what roadcraft is. - rant over  *razz*
Regards

Andy

1960 A10 - Black Golden Flash
Plus
1974 Kawasaki Z1a
Yam XJR 1300

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Andy,

You're on it!

Richard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.