Author Topic: how many of you fella's have convinced the wife to let bike stay in the house  (Read 3455 times)

Online duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened

Some good ideas there, but Andy did you really give birth to the V50-In the kitchen..?
 Trev, they all need their 'personal space'

Chicargo, remind her if she wants breakfast in bed, you have to be able to transport it !
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline The pirate

• Moving Up
  • My Super Rocket
Hi guys, great replies.

Nothing gets a conversation going more than, bikes, birds and beer. *smile*

I suppose apart form parking the bike in the sunroom; getting drunk drinking Guinness on the white lounge is also a 'no no' with wives.

Have fun and stay well.

The Pirate

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Brian,

Please draw a 2m x 2.5m rectangle in the lower right-hand corner and label, "Brian's Bedroom".

Richard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Offline Goldy

• Warwickshire, England
  • Resident Legend
Rookie that's good in picture three, that's what you call a pair of handlebars.
56 A10 Golden Flash - Restore, ride, relive.                                          
56 C12 BSA project ongoing

Offline chicago

• Valued Contributor
  • North west manchester,
 *smil* *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol* *lol* *clap* hahahahahahahahaha, keep em coming. all the best, chicago
Preferred location: somewhere warm and dry.
Bike: 1953 plunger Longstroke engine.

Online Brian

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Mt Gambier, South Australia.
Actually Richard it was suggested that my bedroom would be somewhat further away, and that was amongst lots of other "suggestions"...........................................strange things these women folk, they just dont understand..............................

Online duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Chicargo, remind her if she wants breakfast in bed, you have to be able to transport it !

Edit on that, not just any old 'tea trolley' transport, but good quality BSA 'Tea Trolley'.....
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline tombeau

• Resident Legend
Sometimes I'm surprised that I convince my wife to let ME stay in the house!

When you're single having a bike in the house (or even 3rd floor flat) is, in my experience, quite normal.
I've known it to be the case with some married couples, but usually it's been down to the lady having grown up around such circumstances and considering it normal.

Offline a10gf

• Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Sometimes I'm surprised that I convince my wife to let ME stay in the house!
*smile* great!
Norway & France, Alpes Maritimes. A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a more difficult problem"

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
Could smuggle it in with a glass plate mounted on top, and tell her "look honey, got you the new side table you where asking for"
She'll never notice.......
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium

Offline Hubie

• Dave Huybens
  • Valued Contributor
I would have difficulty in choosing which bike to put in the house, there's surely no room now that I am about to pick up steed number 6!! I am amazed that I got away with buying another!!!
1959 BSA Golden Flash
1956 Royal Enfield Super Meteor
1955 Royal Enfield 350 Bullet
2007 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse get's the cheese!

Offline chicago

• Valued Contributor
  • North west manchester,
still working on it fella's, think i might be making some progress now though as she has now gone from the "no way" attitude to "well im not saying it can come in the house but how would you stop the oil from dripping on the floor, and where would it go" think it might be in the house before winter sets in, result  *clap*

Offline andy

• Moving Up
  • and so the fun begins !!
bottle of wine an some flowers always sweetens thedeal in your favour  *whistle*
only 2 things needed in life wd40 and duck tape....if it moves and shouldn`t use tape if it don`t move and should use wd40.

Offline pedrochapala

• A's Best Friend
bought it just after new years and it was in the living room all winter. she even sat on it once.

Offline chicago

• Valued Contributor
  • North west manchester,
bottle of wine an some flowers always sweetens thedeal in your favour  *whistle*
hi fella, i can understand how the bottle of wine would sweeten the deal in my favour as i can always think better after a bottle of wine to myself, but i cant understand why i would need some flowers,  *smiley4* ;)
all the best fella, chicago